ANTS - ANTS....!

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by downs45, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Morgan23

Morgan23 Member

OMG Big Baron, you gotta warn a woman before posting that kind of ickiness!!!!!! [:O] [:O] [:O] [:O] [:O] [:(O] [:(O] I almost spilled my mornng coffee jumping up from the chair! [LOL]

2. downs45

downs45 New Member

Thanks guys for all the input. I opened my pup today to do some work and was pleasantly surprised to find quite a number deceased ants. Mainly in the areas that I had sprayed. I didn't observed any ants moving around as I work on today's projects so, hopefully I've got a handle on the problem. I resprayed the areas again before closing up, so I'll see if any additional critters show up to meet their doom, tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help. Isn't PopUp a great site...?

Oh Bigbaron, that's a pretty big bug...! I've never warmed up to spiders...!

Thanks guys. David

3. AceCombat

AceCombat New Member

Another great product is called insectigone. It comes in a powder and is completely safe for everything except bugs. It is made up of diatom which is a very tiny but sharp kind of clay. What happens is as a bug walks through it the powder actually cuts there exoskeleton and they literally dehydrate to death in a matter of hours. I have used it all over my house in the basement kids rooms kitchen. Apparently it's so safe you could eat it if that's what turns you on lol. Anyways it got rid of our flea infestation in six days when everything else failed. I also haven't had a spider in the house in three years. I use the dust about once a month around the foundation inside and out and near the doors. A big bottle is about 11 bucks and last me a year. You can puff it into cracks and holes its the best stuff I have ever used and will only use.

4. downs45

downs45 New Member

Thanks AceCombat for the info on insectigone. I've located a distributor and I plan to order a bsg for the pup and my home. I've got the ant at home as well. Thanks again, David

5. Tdelong515

Tdelong515 New Member

So on the farm we would make a batch of ant killer that works wonders. Borax,sugar and water. Now it’s a specific measurement which you can find this recipe online anywhere now, but you soak a cotton ball with it, put the cotton ball on a water bottle cap and set it anywhere you frequently see the ants. Because of the sugar they collect the liquid and take it back to their nest and the colony eats it, the borax kills them, so you are eliminating the problem at the source,and its environmental and kid friendly, just watch dogs around the cotton balls, they seem to like to eat them which will make them sick.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

If it were me I'd bomb it, but then I don't care if it stained the canvas.

7. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I'd say all of the OPs ants have died of old age by now.

4xMeteor, eoleson1, AMC and 1 other person like this.
  8. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

I just saw that the last post was yesterday, I guess I should see the OP date.

9. AMC

AMC Member

I had these as well. Pup had been closed for 4 years. They are indeed attracted to moist or wet wood and even get into the Styrofoam. I placed Terro Ant bait in all 4 corners. It took 2 weeks of sweep g up dead ants but they are gone completely.

BBW Camper likes this.
  10. AMC

AMC Member

LOL TOO FUNNY!!