Any Camplite 1998 Owners???

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by dragonfly1273, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dragonfly1273

dragonfly1273 "Life is a Highway"

We just purchased a 1998 Camplite POP just wondering if anyone out there has the same one, do you like it? And have you had any problems with it? So far we had to replace the elastic cord that goes around the slide out bunks, and I think we have a problem with the hot water heater. I hope we have a good camper and not a lemon!!!!

Thanks!

2. phipps

phipps Member

I have a 1997 Camplite and love it!! We bought it used several years ago. So far we've had no problems whatsoever.

Our elastic could stand to be replaced, but we've made due so far.

3. greatbrothers

greatbrothers I'd rather be camping.

We just got a new to us pop up by Camplite we really like it for a 1999 it's in great shape. So far so good. One problem can't get the fridge to work but only had it 2 weeks so we will see.

Best of luck let's see some pics.

4. phipps

phipps Member

From what Ive read the Camplites are the original pop-ups with slides.

5. poopedpop

poopedpop New Member

Got a 1996 Camplight. Bought it used and in fair shape. Had to rebuilt part of the side roof panel and have had some canvas leaks (due to last owners neglect) but otherwise all ok. Rubber Roof will need to be replaced or repaired soon, has some cracking. A/C, heater work great. Slide out works fine. Refer seems to be out, but have not gotten into it yet. Have used camper 3x's and have made out well, even in heavy Smoky Mountain downpours.
    Good luck and enjoy!

6. The Wargos

The Wargos New Member

We purchased a 2000 Camplite with Slideout (last year they made popups) about a year and a half ago. Everything is/was in good working condition. The 16,000BTU furnace will roast you, the AC unit will freeze you, the water heater will scald you. (Geez.. I've made sound like the popup is trying to kill me). [LOL] Shower/potty combo work very well. We've not had any problems with the converter or the rest of the electric systems. The 3-Way Refrigerator operates nicely with all three options. (Works especially well on propane much to my disbelief).

I have done some work on the camper - some out of necessity and some out of want. The necessary fixes included replacing the rotted side panel on the roof, installed a new 11' awning, some caulking and sealing as needed, fixed some minor leaks in the tent material, and some plumbing work to have the sink operate flawlessly. The mod I wanted first off was to gain more ground clearance by mounting the axle to the underside of the springs. This allows us to take it kinda sorta off road.

All in all, we are very pleased with our acquisition and hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

7. Geardo

Geardo Life is at its best when your with nature...

I just purchased a N2me 1999 Camplite 2206 SL. The only problem I have is some rotted wood in the roof (front/back). Nothing detected on the roof itself. Everything else is in prestine condition. I'll be using it next week on a fall/winter hunt for the first time. I'll be posting pics after I get it set up at camp.

8. Geardo

Geardo Life is at its best when your with nature...

Hey Bob,

Do you have the Pebble finish Flex-Roof on you SL? If so where did you get a sheet? I need to replace my sides and possibly the top (depending on my destruction skills) and I can't seem to find anything other than the rubber / smooth roofs.

9. Anitra Chatham

Anitra Chatham New Member

I have a 1998 Camplite by Damon 1906 pop-up camper was wondering how do you turn the heat on there is a control by air conditioner that says Heat do you use electric on this or do you only use the gas my instruction manual does not tell me what I need to know

10. fdmsiv

fdmsiv New Member

I have a 98 camplite that has a heat option on the AC unit but the heater is not installed. My unit has a propane heater that it controlled by a very simple looking thermostat next to the door.

I would guess if you have a furnace the heating element is not installed. If you have a duo therm ac the heating element can be purchased on amazon or ebay.