Any geocachers?

Discussion in 'GPS / Geocaching & Mapping Applications' started by litehiker, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I started geocashing a year ago, but only found 6 or so. Between camping, kayaking, family, and work there isn't a lot of time for this hobbie. I never tried to geocash where I camp, and should give it a try.

2. RoaminMama

RoaminMama Mama to 2- Wifey to 1

My DD and I cached for a couple of years, but stopped going for some reason. Recently, we have picked it back up and dragged DH into the game [;)] It seems, in our family that the adults enjoy it more than the kiddo (DS is only 1-- not quite old enough for an opinion, but he does enjoy going for the hike). DD (8) only wants to exchange swag, has almost NO interest in actually locating the cache, but we still drag her along. I figure its good practice for when she becomes a teenager and has no interest in anything that includes us LOL

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Roaminmama...I haven't been geocashing for a long while, since late spring last year. I took my little side kick on a couple at a near by park once and she enjoyed the hunt, just not the walking off trail part. ☺ even more so when I gave her the GPS to find the last one all on her own. She was so proud of herself. Sadly just don't have the time to really get out there. Even harder when I live close to the city and its so hard to hunt and be secretive when there are thousands of people hiking those same trails. Hopefully whenever spring comes I can try an see if I remember how to operate the GPS to be back out there. My side kick was just asking me when we can go again.

4. RoaminMama

RoaminMama Mama to 2- Wifey to 1

jmkay1
    We don't live in a "big" city, but we live in a "big" city by Kansas standards, so I understand that one. I've tried to give DD the GPS, still no luck. I did just buy her 1st pair of actual hiking boots (pink and purple leather even) so maybe that will inspire her to want to "hit the trail" a little more.

5. hr@thepod

hr@thepod Member

DW and I did a dozen or so caches before the kids came. Now the kids are little older 9,5,3. We started doin micro caches in developed areas(no bushwhacking) with only log books. They enjoy the search and love the idea of trading items.
    Just looked and our fav CG has no caches. We'll change that this summer as there is an ideal area at the back with a big pond with path around it and no sites.

6. Belle

Belle New Member

This summer will be our second summer of camping and we plan on getting into the geocaching thing this year.

7. Okiepoper

Okiepoper New Member

Geocaching is extremely fun.. We like all kinds.

8. ~erik~

~erik~ Active Member

Been geocaching since early 2001, and enjoy how it's shown me new places I'd otherwise never think to go to.

It's a great activity.