Any good campgrounds arount St Joe, MI?

Lumbergodd

May 20, 2016
Warren Dunes State Park is about 15 miles north of St Joe. We stayed there for the weekend of September 8th and 9th. It's a very nice park with lots to do. We were visiting relatives in the area so we basically just slept there and didn't get to spend much time at the park. The dunes are huge and give an ample opportunity for hiking. The beach is beautiful but can get extremely crowded in the summer, especially on weekends. There is a small camp store, which is nice in case you forgot something. It is a no alcohol park so plan and act accordingly.

aaronp

Sep 3, 2022
Hello I know of one fersure that is quite a hidden gem. I grew up from Hagar shore with my grandparents and down the road was a campground what's a man-made lake which was perfect because the beach was a nice distance. Very nice atmosphere it's called dune lake. It's one of a few along the blue star highway running out of st Joe hugging lake Michigan all the way to south Haven. Along the way is also a few state parks . I'll try and find the names of those also but I took a screenshot of the one that I mentioned. And one down the road is the covert township park which allows camping and has updated facilities with wifi..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-014315.png
    Screenshot_20220906-014315.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220906-014911.png
    Screenshot_20220906-014911.png
    603.8 KB · Views: 2