Any Interest In a July 2016 NH Rally ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
OK, so from early August on, we have three New England rally's..... Maine, R.I., and Vt. Would there be any interest in a Rally in NH, maybe early or mid July ? Also open to suggestions on location. I'm partial to northern NH, anywhere from Conway over to Franconia Notch, but would be open to something further south if it might draw in folks from southern N.E.

Any thoughts ?

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
I'd be up for a NH Rally. No preference. We have had one at Gunstock before but I here they changed around the layout and it's not as nice. Other than that I would leave that to others that know better LOL

jnc

Welcome from New Hampshire
Oct 1, 2014
South Central New Hampshire
We are up for this. Just make sure it is not the same weekend as the NASCAR race in Loudon. The DW & I have camped at Lazy River campground in Epsom a few times & enjoyed the place. It is a small family run place on the Suncook River with a kiddie pool & regular pool & a Rec rm. Clean bath rms & quiet nights. I believe they also have a group site.

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
We'd consider a NH trip.

Both ME and NH are on our radar to check off all of the NE states. We didn't get to them this year so we're definitely looking to do that in 2016.

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
jnc said:
I just wanted to stir the pot and hopefully get some more bite's on this !

Thanks for giving it a bump. We are hoping this gets more interest !

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
If you plan it they will come LOL I would put a poll up for some campgrounds you narrow it down to and let people vote. Or you could propose a campground and see if everyone is okay with it. If you need help, pm me [;)]

nhcaveman

Barrington, NH
Mar 25, 2009
New Hampshire
We've actually had NH rallies in the past.

One year at Tamworth Camping Area, I think only 4 sites. We like it there, but not everybody does.

Once at Mi Ti Jo they have a field area for groups, each site having E/W and the group area has a huge covered pavilion or what ever you'd call it for get togethers. Our turn out was about six sites, it rained all weekend so even our host I think canceled. This I think is a great family campground, but again we didn't do much due to the rain.

As as Dave mentioned, one at Gunstock.

nhcaveman

Barrington, NH
Mar 25, 2009
New Hampshire
I've never been to Branch Brook but I think they had some serious renovations a few years back after storm damage.

What's your favorite that isn't on line?

jnc

Welcome from New Hampshire
Oct 1, 2014
South Central New Hampshire
a little family run place called Lazy River Campground in Epsom NH. I have been camping there on and off for 30 years It dont have much more than a rec hall ,pool and the river but it has always been quite with the exception of a little highway noise. the site's vary between treed or not. lots of shade & not packed in to tight.

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
Is that the place that the bridge got wiped out a few years ago and it almost put them out of business ?

Status
Not open for further replies.