Any issues installing a ProRack on a 2013 Rockwood 1940 LTD?

Discussion in 'Biking' started by PammyM, Dec 26, 2017.

1. PammyM

PammyM Member

Hello

Has anyone installed a ProRack Bike Carrier Part RVPB020-1 (picture of the bike rack below) on a Rockwood 1940 LTD? I know the bike rack telescopes and can be lowered so that it's below the height of the slide-out beds, but I want to make sure that it won't interfere with the support arms on my specific camper. I guess I should email the manufacturer but wanted to see if anyone has installed on on the Rockwood 1940. Thanks, Pam

Attached Files:

2. chambo

chambo Active Member

Do you know if there is any wiggle room in where the bike mount attaches to the trailer tongue? Looks like your bed support poles will need to be in about that same area. I would imagine that you can adjust the bike rack mount point to not interfere.
    The only other concern I might have would be tongue weight.

3. PammyM

PammyM Member

Hi Chambo. I emailed the manufacturer directly and this is their response, so I feel comfortable and just ordered it.

"I don't foresee any issues with mounting the rack to your camper. The mounting location can vary greatly along the length of the trailer frame. This is why the manufacturer of your trailer purchases these bike racks directly from us".

Thanks for the response Chambo!
    Pam

4. chambo

chambo Active Member

Nice. Good to know it will work!

5. myride

myride Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

..have one, has been mounted on my Palomino and now my Coleman. LOTS of adjustability and "tongue weight" is a minor concern / issue.

6. PammyM

PammyM Member

The ProRack Bike Carrier (Part RVPB020-1) was a breeze to install on my 2013 Rockwood 1940 LTD. No issues at all. Does not interfere with opening the beds. Anxious to try it out soon!

Tylers88 and KamperKel like this.
  7. PammyM

PammyM Member

I've used the ProRack bike carrier on my 2013 Rockwood 1940 LTD a couple times now and it's perfect!!

myride likes this.