Any Kerr Lake campers?

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by AdventureBoundNC, Sep 10, 2015.

1. AdventureBoundNC

AdventureBoundNC "Darling...let's be adventurers"

Woop! So excited! Just booked our 5 year anniversary weekend at Kerr Lake next weekend (Sept 19/20)! This will be our first time there, but we are very much looking forward to it! We are in space # 012. Has anyone stayed in this lot, or next to it? Any feedback you can give about that area? Would love to hear any and all Kerr Lake reviews! [CP] [:D]

2. G. Will Ickers

G. Will Ickers New Member

Kerr Lake is AWESOME.

It's peaceful, spacious, and beautiful.

My parents used to go there a few times each year and spend as much as a week there together. I'm not sure which spot they had exactly, but it was perfect.

3. country boy

country boy New Member

I live close to Kerr Lake. I stayed there last weekend with my DW and grandaughter. North Landing park has fishing , swimming areas, hiking or bike trails, I do not think they have a bad lot there. Lots of trees, shady lots, and great staff. If you are old enough you can purchase a Golden age passport for $10. and camp for half price. I think the age is 62. I have one and camping there is a treat. Card is good at all Corps of Engineers and many state parks and all federal parks.

4. AdventureBoundNC

Thanks everyone! Good feedback makes me even more excited to go! :)

5. chuckearnhardt

chuckearnhardt Member

We camped on Kerr Lake at Satterwhite Point last weekend for the 2nd straight year. We love going there. Great views, shaded, nice facilities. Shouldn't be nearly as busy for you next weekend as it was for Labor Day, so even better. :)

6. AdventureBoundNC

Just thought I'd update this thread with a review of our first time to Kerr Lake. This is, hands down, my favorite campground so far! The park area is beautiful, clean, and quiet! The views of the lake from our space (#12) were so serene and picturesque. The bathrooms were ok, nothing spectacular, but we did have hot water for showers/hand washing...I will say, the grandaddy long legs take over the bathroom area when it gets dark, so beware [;)]. The only "complaint" I really have is the guard at the gate did not direct us how to get to our lot, and there were not adequate signs on which direction our lot was in, so we did have to drive around for a bit before we found it (which is not always convenient when you're pulling a camper). Other than that, I have no negatives about this campground, and we will certainly return for many more stays in the future! [:D]

Attached Files:

7. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Not Kerr but will be at Falls Lake for most of two weeks in mid-October. One of the oldest camping memories I have is from Kerr with my family when I was probably 6 or so. I caught a catfish while sitting on one of the flooded picnic tables.

8. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

we camp on the north side of Buggs Island(kerr lake) thinking of camping over new years

9. EricNCSU1204

EricNCSU1204 New Member

Was this at the JC Cooper campground? Also did this site have water and electric hookups?

10. Drvred

Drvred Member

Reserve America shows electric sites at Kerr Lake campgrounds.
    They fill up quick.

11. JHOP

JHOP Active Member

Do you know if you can you swim from your campsite or do you have to go to a designated swim area? We are looking at Kerr Lake for a possible 4th of July trip ("trip" as it is only 1 hour from home!)

12. Drvred

Drvred Member

Anywhere else on the lake you can jump right in, I see people floating on tubes off Nutbush all the time.

13. Seedrooster

Seedrooster New Member

Which campground was this?