Any New Popup Manufacturer Innovations / Features ?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by TX_F2, Feb 27, 2014.

1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Sadly it's been at least a year since we've gone camping with our pup or I have regularly visited the Portal. Sort of a "perfect storm" of variables contributed to this. My 17 yr old son got a job at Whataburger last year and he would rather work on the weekends and make money than go camping, my 13 yr old daughter is involved in softball, tennis, and theater and always seems to have a game, practice, or rehearsal going on during the weekend. And then my work schedule only allows me two weekends off a month. My wife and I have been filling the gap so to speak by going on some motorcycle camping trips with a tent.

Anyway, since I have been out of the loop for a while I was wondering if there has been any new innovations or neat features from the popup manufacturers or has it just been changes in fabric and colors only for the last few years ?

For example, like when dinette slide outs were first introduced, toilets & showers, ovens, permanently attached bunk end canvas, power roof lifts, ect, ect. When features like this first came out, they had a wow factor that a pup was available with them.

2. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

not sure how old an external slide out kitchens are but I and several other people on here have them now I have a Flagstaff HW27ks and several have Rockwoods with this on them. I wouldn't have this but they had the slide out kitchen. I use it all the time rain or shine.

3. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing by the 83 views so far and no new features being posted other than your post that there has been nothing new. And I honestly don't know what new features could even be reasonably added to a pup that some of the high end models don't already have, I was just curious what new stuff was out there.

I also usually did all the cooking outside the pup rain or shine and really like those slide out kitchens on the Flagstaff and Rockwood pups. I first saw them about two yrs ago on the pups and think maybe that is the latest new feature to pups. It's a great feature to have that was brought back to pups, I recall seeing some pics here on the Portal of an older 70's or 80's pup that had a slide out kitchen (not as nice as the new ones, but the same in functionality) I'm not positive but I think it was a Starcraft.

4. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

yea I like not having to set up the kitchen every time we go out. I am not sure either who had a slide out indoor outdoor stove but have seen it here on the portal too. you had to carry out the stove but it looked like the shelf slid in and out depending on where you wanted to cook. on mine I have the sink out there and a couple of drawers too. all I need is a fridge and I wouldn't have to go inside, hah ha for anything but bedtime..