any reviews--Triple Brook Family Campground- Hope NJ?

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by gojeepgo, Jun 28, 2009.

1. gojeepgo

gojeepgo New Member

My wife and I are trying to plan our first trip with the kids (6&3) in our new to us pup. We are thinking of taking them to the land of make believe in Hope NJ. The closest campground is in Hope also. Triple Brook Family Camping Resort. Anyone ever stay there? Of course there own web site says its the greatest place ever. Just looking for any feedback on the place, good or bad..
    Thanks in advance

2. mtn_bikers

mtn_bikers Northern NJ

The Land of Make Believe is a great place to take kids.

I haven't been to Triple Brook in years (30+) in a TT as a kid. I was going to try it about 15 years ago, but heard it was a "party" campground. Lots of permanent sites, loud at night. Maybe someone else on the portal has been there more recently than me.

3. Martinfamily3

Martinfamily3 New Member

We camp in that area alot,even though we have never camped at Triple Brook we have never heard a bad thing about it.

4. gojeepgo

gojeepgo New Member

Where in the area do you camp? Can you recomend a good place? We want the first trip to be a good one for the kids.

If we do stay at Triple Brook I'll post a review.

5. Martinfamily3

Martinfamily3 New Member

Driftstone On The Delaware,shhhhhhhhhh it's my secret.

6. mortonlykeleigh

mortonlykeleigh New Member

Party campground? Hardly. We were there the final weekend in June for the first time in several years and had a remarkably quiet restful stay. Seasonal campers were minimal. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Being off the beaten path and far from major population cells, the night sky is spectacular. (Tacky lights not allowed!) The property recently changed hands and Ira, the new owner, is friendly and outgoing. It's a truly family friendly CG and I think you'll really enjoy it. We're making a return trip in mid-July.

7. gojeepgo

gojeepgo New Member

Well we went on out trip to TripleBrook. All went very well for the first trip with the pup and the first camping trip with kids. TripleBrook is a very nice campground. Staff is very nice, two pools, working farm, stocked pond for fishing and the bathrooms were clean too. I would stay there again if we decide to camp in the area in the future. Thumbs up in my book.

8. mtn_bikers

mtn_bikers Northern NJ

Glad to hear that you had a nice trip to Triple Brook, also happy to hear that it is no longer the party campground that it was in the mid 90's. I wonder if it is under new ownership.

9. CampinCarol

CampinCarol New Member

We recently went to Triple Brook with the thought that we would go to LOMB, but the kids were having so much fun at the CG that we never left.

10. Colski

Colski New Member

Used to go ther back when I was a kid, early 90's. It was definitely for partying then. I remember it being very crowded and not too private, either.

11. gojeepgo

gojeepgo New Member

It is under new ownership and they are very nice people. We plan on going back next year and maybe spending an additional day or two. The kids had a great time at the Land of Make Believe and they loved the campground too. We were in right between two playgrounds which was perfect for the kids. One of the permenant trailers had some music playing late one night but it didnt really bother us at all. If it lasted I would have called the front desk but the kids fell right asleep so it did not matter. The kids loved the pool and the pond for fishing. I have told everyone I know who camps with kids about the place so I think we might have a group going next summer.

12. CampinCarol

CampinCarol New Member

We were just there for memorial day. Where we were in the woods was crowded on Saturday night, but nice. Up by the pavillion, I hear they were partying until 4:30 AM. Fewer big rigs can make it to the wooded sites, so they have more tenters and pups and I think less rowdy partying.

They do need to upgrade the gold course though. My 3 year old stepped on the wooden edge of one of the holes, the wood broke off and a nail went into his foot. He was a trooper though. Despite the trauma he cried when we had to leave on Monday.

13. tttgmlake

tttgmlake New Member

just returned from triple brook.very nice people but they still haven't fixed the mini golf.But all in all very nice people and we will go back later in the summer. hopefully its dryer then

14. cullinan18

cullinan18 New Member

Just had an overnight at Triple Brook Campground. It was our first time out and the staff was very accommodating and the facilities were very clean. We had a great time and different recommend the woods or primitive setting, unless you are into the social/TT/5th Wheel crowd.

Will definitely visit again.

15. drosengrant

drosengrant One Day at a Time

I stayed here two weeks ago and I agree this is a very nice place.