Any suggestions on campground in or near middle TN with lots of good biking

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by smoreking, Oct 12, 2011.

1. smoreking

smoreking Member

My family would like to take at least one more trip this year and we want to go somewhere that we could ride our bikes a lot on different trails and such. Can anyone suggest a place in or near middle TN? Thanks

2. cheyo

cheyo New Member

I haven't "camped" there yet...but DW and I investigated Montgomery Bell SP. Looked beautiful....plenty of trails....and canoeing/kayaking opportunities.

3. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

Bikes are generally prohibited from trails in Tennessee state parks. Tims Ford SP has a multi-use trail where bikes are allowed. Montgomery Bell SP has roughly 20 miles of mountain biking trails. I believe that's it for Middle Tennessee.

Of course, most park road systems are uncrowded and have low speed limits, so that's always an option.

4. smoreking

smoreking Member

Thanks for the replies. We went to Fall Creek Falls last week and really enjoyed that, they have a few bike trails and the campground is big so there was plenty of room to ride. The state park in my county is ok for weekend camping, but once you leave the campsite its going to be pretty hilly either direction. I know that shouldn't matter but I don't want a workout, I just want to have fun.

5. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

I am heading to Fall Creek Falls next weekend.. going to a bluegrass concert in a cavern around there, can't recall the name of it. It's huge.. Cumberland Caverns, i think..

6. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

It's probably Cumberland Caverns indeed. It's one of the larger commercial caves in the state and they have concerts there.

Cumberland Caverns

7. ricko

ricko Member

Big South Fork has some nice sites and is bike friendly.