Any tarp as awninng for any A frame

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by mickaqua, Jul 19, 2015.

1. OneTruth

OneTruth Member

Your pix disappeared

2. curran4life

curran4life New Member

I'm brand new to the forum and am looking to create a "beak" type structure for an awning. Your information sounds amazing, but your pictures aren't showing up. Would you mind reposting the pictures for those of us who would like to create this type of awning? It would be greatly appreciated!

3. Barbara Van Deraa

Barbara Van Deraa Member

I too would like to see pictures, I find a lot of threads ... no pictures, why ?
    Babs

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

Unfortunately this was an old thread and back then we used to have to use a picture sharing service to post photos and unfortunately a number of those photo sites started charging money to use so pictures were either removed or essentially lost from the photo sharing site and never replaced back onto here.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  5. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

The post "Edit" feature changed during updates, also. It is now a timed feature, that makes no sense to me. I used to be able to edit reviews and update the ongoing "Acronym list page" daily.

6. Tait

Tait Member Gold Supporting Member

I wonder whether the mods can unlock the timeout for pages that need updating, like reviews or acronym lists...

7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

I questioned it a couple of times. Basically told, it's an overall Portal setting and it's not changing. I have a running page with acronym updates, until time is found to update the list. So what you see is not current.

8. scott demuth

scott demuth New Member

Would you repost your tarp photo details? Thanks

9. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

I didn't like any of the awnings I saw for A frames so I designed my own. My first version had guyed poles but after stumbling over the guy lines in the dark, I designed one that had the poles attached to the Aliner. hoffsalinertravels.net/Awning
    I ended up not using it all that much because it took 15 to 20 minutes to set up and I didn't hang around camp around enough. I mostly used my Aliner as a base camp.

10. cindy_k

cindy_k New Member

This is similar to what my husband wants to do. What did you use to attach the poles on the bottom to the trailer?
    He has been looking at flag pole holders but couldn't find any that would work with expandable poles. They were all to narrow.

11. _WW_

_WW_ Member

As per the original post, I used the instructions to do the same thing to my Chalet.

The middle anchor point:
    IMG_20210409_154831454.jpg
    And the tarp using adjustable poles from a sporting goods store.
    IMG_20210404_154724971.jpg
    Amazingly the give in the four foot bungee cords allow it to flex some in the wind and not blow the thing away.

Rik Peery and Hilldweller like this.
  12. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

I did use expandable paint poles to hold it up. For the base, I had to cobble together aluminum parts for the rest from onlinemetals.com. Just figure out the diameter of pipe you need. It's cheaper than what you can buy at the hardware store. It was challenging to make something that could hold the poles and bolt to the Aliner floor. Perhaps you could buy the flag pole holders and cut off part of the cylinder and use it as the base for a larger pipe?