Anybody remember COACHMEN popup campers?

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by MrT61, Oct 25, 2019.

1. MrT61

MrT61 New Member

Hello everyone!
    Fairly new to the forum but I hardly never see anything about a COACHMEN brand popup. I have one. Are they that scarce? Mine is a 2005 Coachmen Clipper 1285ST. It's one of the largest floor plan footprints that I've seen with a slide out dinette. We LOVE it but have a problem with the lift system. I think I heard that Forrest River bought out COACHMEN in 2008 and no files, manual, instructions or much of anything actually changed hands in the deal. Please chime in if you have one or have had one or even know of anybody who has one! LOL!

2. rabird

rabird Howdy!

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Coachmen, as stated above, is and was at that time sisters with Viking. You might try searching for Viking info, it should be the same.

Indiobravo likes this.
  4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

True. Forest River acquired Coachmen in Dec 2008 and under terms of the agreement assumed no responsibility for trailers manufactured before that date. Current Coachmen popups are manufactured under the Viking and Clipper names. You can always contact the company but I doubt they'll offer much assistance for your 2005 Coachmen.

https://coachmenrv.com/camping-trailers

5. Indiobravo

Indiobravo Member

6. GreyFox

You're replying to a 6 month old thread started by the OP who hasn't posted since the end of Oct 2019. :rolleyes:

7. Indiobravo

Indiobravo Member

yes :)

this is how we help each other. i would have killed to find this information now. my pup is a 1998 - you better believe i'm checking old posts for nuggets.

i probably should have had that last line read "i hope this helps someone", right? and if you have info that could help even an old thread it wold be great if you added it too :)

myride, HappyTraveler and Orchid like this.
  8. GreyFox

Little point to it when the person you're addressing is no longer participating in the forum. In the OP's case he joined Oct 25/19, last posted just a few days later on Oct 31/19, hasn't been seen since so you can bet he's l-o-n-g gone. ;)

I did exactly that in my post dated Oct 25/19. [:D]

9. Indiobravo

Indiobravo Member

I'm not addressing him specifically. I'm trying to help build on a body of knowledge. I can't tell you how much I've learned here from seriously old posts. is it possible you are on a board where so many have old pups but for some reason you cant see the value in others chipping in? What is bothering you so much about me adding to a thread. it's not closed.

I tell you what - why don't you let me know exactly where and when i can post - let me know which threads are ok to post on.

myride, rabird and HappyTraveler like this.