Anyone Been To Mistletoe SP Recently near Augusta GA?

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by micbur, Mar 22, 2010.

1. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

Hi there....just accepted your request on my facebook...will have to look at the photos during y lunch break here at the office. Do you ever camp over here in the west GA area? Maybe we could make plans to be at the same CG sometime. We are wanting to come back out to the area but like to stay at the COE CG there right before Mistletoe. Not sure when we will be back...Might be sometime in August.

Dolores went a little over board on the decorations. She found them in the basement...decorations from our last home...LOL My $3 flip-flops from Wal-mart...they were good for walking to showers. [:D]

Thanks
    Mike

2. tatertots4

tatertots4 New Member

Have not camped in West GA, but did camp one year in AL at Eufaula State Park--it was nice (as long as you paid extra and stayed in the RV sites). What campgrounds do you go to? I'm looking at Watsons Mill Bridge State Park in GA right now and planning a trip. Went there years ago and loved it, would like to go back!

3. micbur

We are wanting to go to Watsons Mill Bridge SP also and have been talking about planning a trip.

We camp about every other weekend and have nothing planned the weekends of July 24th or August 21st. We might try and plan something on one of these weekends to go to Watsons Mill.

We usually go to Cloudland Canyon SP, Coleman's Lake Rec Area near Heflin AL, Bloack Rock Mountain SP in NE GA, Whitetail Ridge at West Point Lake near Lagrange GA and Doll Mountain at Carters Lake near Ellijay GA. These are the main CG's we visit...in between we have some long distance trips. Just returned in April from Crooked River SP in St Marys GA. Planning an October trip Ranibow Springs SP in FL. We are going to the North GA Rally on June 25th and 26th.

Really enjoyed Mistletoe SP and wanting to go back when we can....

Thanks,
    Mike & Dolores

4. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

Heading to Mistletoe SP this weekend. Anyone else planning to go there?

5. micbur

Have you been to Mistletoe before? We had a great time and looking forward to going back [:D]

6. carolinacampers

Hi! No, haven't been there yet. I am hoping there is some shade in the campsite area, as we are taking the little spoiled-rotten, used-to-AC furbabies. They do love to be outside, but the last time we took them in the heat over the Fourth, I ran into town about 30 miles away. DH left them outside the whole time I was gone, and the heat ended up bothering them. Any particular site you could recommend?

7. micbur

We were there for Memorial Day weekend and actually had a great time. Even with the holiday there were empty sites. We stayed at site #20 on the first loop on the right as you enter the CG. You do get winds off the lake at times so be prepared for that.

Here is a link to some photos (click on the small photo to see all of them):

[​IMG]

8. carolinacampers

Just got home from Mistletoe. We had a nice time. We were in campground two on site 81. It was on the inside of the loop on a little hill and no one was across from us, so we had a view of the lake. The restrooms were okay, except there was no ventilation. The lights stayed on 24-7, lending to the heat and humidity. We both dreaded showering because it was even hotter in the bathhouse than outside!
    Saturday midday, we escaped the heat by loading the dogs into the car and driving up to Elijah Clark State Park. It looks like a nice park for camping, too!
    One other thing, the bees and the ants were horrible! My DH got stung by a bee while he was packing up the outside stuff. And we ended up with ants EVERYWHERE! I guess it's been dry there, so the insects are looking for water?!? I think some of them were falling from the trees. but some were coming from the ground. Anyway, I did spray, but I couldn't find out the entry point. The PUP is now open in the driveway with Terro Ant Bait inside of it. Hope that gets rid of them!

9. micbur

So sorry that your trip was not more enjoyable.... [:(]

10. carolinacampers

Well, I'm hoping the ants are gone. Don't see any outside the camper. We'll be opening it up again in a day or so to check inside.
    If we have a chance to return to Mistletoe, we may go back. But I do think some of the other GSPs we've visited (10 so far) are as nice or nicer.