Anyone camping in a Rockwood A-frame?

Tom and Teresa

Jun 18, 2019
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
I see a lot of posts from A-liner owners…are there any out there who are camping in a Rockwood or Flagstaff A-frame? This will be our seventh year using ours…starting out at Machicomoco State Park in our home state of Virginia. We went there last year and loved it. We will be camping with our new Scottish Collie Tavish…this should be interesting! 😄

Novicenomads

Feb 12, 2022
We have a 2021 Rockwood 213HW and love it. We've camped in 5 states since picking it up in NC last summer!
We've camped at Westmoreland State Park and Twin Lakes in Va. Nice places, have you been to either?

Tom and Teresa

Jun 18, 2019
We have a 2021 Rockwood 213HW and love it. We've camped in 5 states since picking it up in NC last summer!
We've camped at Westmoreland State Park and Twin Lakes in Va. Nice places, have you been to either?
We have not been to either of those, but hope to maybe next year! We’ve been to First Landing (every year), Machicomoco, Occoneechee, Fairystone, Shenandoah River, James River, Grayson Highlands, Douthat, Breaks Interstate, and Claytor Lake…so if you have any questions about those state parks, just ask! Westmoreland looks like it would be so nice. Since we live in the Shenandoah Valley near the mountains, we like to go to where there is water for kayaking and fishing! We LOVE our Rockwood…been out west twice with it so far to see the national parks out there and also took it to Florida. Love coming back to my own nice bed every evening and not a hotel!

Rhonda.hearrell

Apr 29, 2022
SC
I see a lot of posts from A-liner owners…are there any out there who are camping in a Rockwood or Flagstaff A-frame? This will be our seventh year using ours…starting out at Machicomoco State Park in our home state of Virginia. We went there last year and loved it. We will be camping with our new Scottish Collie Tavish…this should be interesting! 😄
We just purchased a 2020 Rockwood hard side A122s! Can't wait to make our first trip with it! This will be a step up from tent camping for us.

Tom and Teresa

Jun 18, 2019
We just purchased a 2020 Rockwood hard side A122s! Can't wait to make our first trip with it! This will be a step up from tent camping for us.
You’re gonna love it! Oh having a nice bed to sleep in and ac and heat when you need it…the best!!! Sure beats an air mattress on a tent floor that is flat the next morning! We did that too! 😊👍

snarkymagic

Apr 25, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
One thing I'm curious about with this camper is how it makes sense (or doesn't) to have an exposed underbody with just treated wood and various important wires and tubes (like the gas line!) just exposed to the open road. How do these parts not just get destroyed by rocks and road debris? In a moist climate, like in Pennsylvania, how does the underbody not just rot or get moldy after the first time it gets wet?

TimAZ

Oct 16, 2021
One thing I'm curious about with this camper is how it makes sense (or doesn't) to have an exposed underbody with just treated wood and various important wires and tubes (like the gas line!) just exposed to the open road. How do these parts not just get destroyed by rocks and road debris? In a moist climate, like in Pennsylvania, how does the underbody not just rot or get moldy after the first time it gets wet?
The exposed wires are definitely an issue, and like most RV construction foibles, the manufacturers just don’t seem to care. As far as they’re concerned, if it works at the dealer lot, then it’s good enough.

I rewired the rat’s nest of connections the factory put under my front bench area (they had 13 ground wires tied together with one huge wire nut!), and added 1-1/2 inch PVC conduits to enclose the outside wire runs under the trailer. The conduit is easy to work with and completely shields the wires from water and most road hazards.

Tom and Teresa

Jun 18, 2019
Wow, we will have to look at the underside of ours. So far, after six camping seasons and two major trips, no problems…knock on wood!

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
the only explosed "wires" on the Aliner is the fully sheathed 7-wire cable (very solid) and - of necessity - the brake wires that I installed , and even those are limited as much as possible (they are under a half-pipe shield where they run along the axle).

popupChris

Oct 7, 2022
GTA, Ontario
I rewired the rat’s nest of connections the factory put under my front bench area (they had 13 ground wires tied together with one huge wire nut!), and added 1-1/2 inch PVC conduits to enclose the outside wire runs under the trailer. The conduit is easy to work with and completely shields the wires from water and most road hazards.
Do you have any pictures to show off your rewiring? I'm also intending to clean-up the mess once I have access to my trailer.