Anyone else listed their pup for sale on Craigslist?

Discussion in 'For Sale and Wanted' started by artist143tm, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ricko

ricko Member

I use google voice... It really helps manage the volume of calls

2. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

Just sold ours yesterday, family drove over 150 miles to look at it and buy after exchanging emails and a few phone calls. I do not like to put a number due to the "crazy" people out there. Of course as soon as I got home I got a call from the other person who had stopped by.....need to move fast on these things!

3. densim

densim New Member

Advertised mine on CR and sold it that same day the post came out. Just remember to remove the post when it sells. I also listed with another online site in our area. 6 weeks later I am still getting emails. I used lots of pictures. People always ask you to send them more. :tongue:

4. artist143tm

artist143tm I love camping!

Any more advice that I need to know before putting my pup on CL??

All opinions welcome!!

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

I have sold 3 pups on CL. Easy and fast if you do your homework, write a decent ad, and price it fairly for your market.

6. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Just a thought. You could maybe make a short phone video of the camper, upload it to YouTube and put a link in the ad.

7. bj47

bj47 New Member

New to this site, but have bought and sold using CL for years.

One comment to add regarding purchase funds - bear in mind that all forms of payment other than cash (green folding $$), wire transfers between banks and inter-account transfers within the same bank carry some risk of the buyer stopping payment (including cashiers checks and money orders) after the transaction is complete but before the check clears.

If possible, the safest place to complete a transaction is at your bank, particularly if the transaction involves several thousand dollars. If you're buying, make sure the bank has the amount of cash you'll need on hand, withdraw it, have the seller sign over the title and hand him your payment; if you're selling, have the buyer hand you his cash, sign over the title, and immediately deposit the cash from the transaction.

Always a good idea to get a signed bill of sale, too.

Don't want to be an alarmist, but in addition to all the honest, legitimate people there are more than a few marginal folks trolling CL - we've met our share one time and another.

8. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Don't forget you are coming to the end of the hot season for camper sales. By mid Sept it slows to a craw and most people that were looking for a camper in 2014 have bought it by June. So if you want to sell it you may need to lower your price if you don't have it sold by Sept or wait until the first few warm weeks of spring next year.

9. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Hoping to take pics this week of old pop up. This weekend we'll get camper listed. Hoping to get it sold before Labor Day weekend.

10. rwcfrank

rwcfrank New Member

1995 Starcraft Spaceflyer 1221 pop up camping trailer $2800
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/rvs/4612986239.html

via cPro Craigslist App
    iOS: http://bit.ly/CL_iOS
    Android: http://bit.ly/CL_android

Mine up for sale

11. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

12. rwcfrank

rwcfrank New Member

Oops, maybe I have 2 [:D] thanks will fix asap.

13. rwcfrank

rwcfrank New Member

Sold to the first viewer for full price, on to the grey or darkside now!!!!!

14. Ktamsor2

Ktamsor2 That which doesn't kill me..........should run.

Didn't list mine for sale ther, but that's where I bought mine.

15. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

I've sold 2 PUPs on CL. 1st one sold for the asking price in about 24 hours. The 2nd one I posted and put a sign in my front yard (I live on a fairly busy street with a lot of passing traffic.) I got about the same number of hits from both the sign and the post but sold it to a passing driver in 6 hours for the asking price.

16. jas77450

jas77450 New Member

I am looking to buy a Utah, maybe Bayside or Sunvalley...Also might consider Arcadia. No abs roofs. Anyone have a garage kept, we'll maintained clean one...Not asking for much am I...lol. I live in S TX.

17. pcgeekess

pcgeekess New Member

I sold mine on CL in 3 hours. Granted I listed it at a steal of a price. Pretty close to the trade in I was offered. I clean the inside of the camper every time I leave a campsite so it is ready to go the next time. All the pics it would let me. I was nervous about it as I never sold on it before and you hear things. I was shocked how fast it sold especially at the end of the season here. Shocked.

18. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

I sold mine in 3 days. Possibly could have sold it sooner, but days 1 and 2 I was at work all day and couldn't make appointments. Sold it to the first person who showed up.

I took two interior pics (one forward and one rearward), one exterior pic popped up, and two closed up.

3 total hits, and like I said, the first person to show up made an acceptable cash offer on the spot.

19. Kettlebelle

Kettlebelle Member

I bought mine on Craigslist last year. A description that looks like a real person wrote it and decent pictures of it, especially the interior, were important when I was buying. I liked the listings that had a phone number not just an email so I could get a feel for the person before committing to go see the camper. I called four or five with questions, went to see two that weren't too good, (not as advertised, nowhere near "clean") and bought the third. When I sold mine, I cleaned it and took pictures on a nice sunny day, listed it for what I considered fair but less than asking price for comparable listings and within the NADA guidelines. One hour after posting on CL I got a call, a couple hours later the couple showed up and 5 minutes later they handed me a stack of cash. All said and done, camped for free all summer even considering we bought new tires and a new battery. I heart craigslist!

20. Chandler75

Chandler75 New Member

I sold one this week on Craigslist in 6 hours. I bought it in the spring on a whim on CL and took two trips in it and enjoyed both but I have another popup that is smaller and easier to manage for me.

The smaller one had lots of my extra dollars put into it - new canvas and cushions and tires, etc. I know to get my value I need to keep it a few years.

I never got around to getting new tags and title - so it was a no cost venture.

I may have underpriced it, as it sold so quickly, but I got what I paid.

Didn't post a pic - sent a few by cell. Just described it as exactly as possible.