Anyone else listed their pup for sale on Craigslist?

Discussion in 'For Sale and Wanted' started by artist143tm, Jul 18, 2014.

1. sche202460

sche202460 New Member

Had more scam artists than serious buys....beware of any out of area texts and wanting your PayPal info. Had three in one day offer more than asking to hold and extra 900 to pay truck driver. Starting pressing hard for account info. But local folks told cash in hand only. And others right Pic, Pics

2. neck

neck New Member

No kidding. Listed mine and with an hour I had 4 offers "over" my asking price. [}:)]

3. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

4. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

I had my old pop up listed in early October. Sold it in 4 days. No scams or requests for any personal info. I was happy.

5. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

I didn't have any scam artists but I did have a LOT of tire kickers before the right buyer came along.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

6. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

7. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

8. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

OMG Ken, I have seen this ad the past couple of weeks and was floored! Jayco doesn't even have a model remotely like that do they? Geesh if that was legit it would be a great deal!

9. bondebond

bondebond New Member

[?:~{] That's like saying this cubic zirconia would be awesome if it were a real diamond.

10. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

That ad has been posted in just about every market I've looked at. Scam city!!!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

11. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

We have stuff like this is our area, it is a scam (like NG says) and they will want you to send them money to secure the sale (also listed on eBay!) Never reply to anything that doesn't show a local area or town (after the description).

12. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

If it looks like a great deal the first thing I do is to cut and paste the title in google. It comes to no surprise to see the same item in other states not even close to the first ad you saw...

I sure Neither Boston, Ohio or New Orleans are close enough for a sane person to advertise the same item...

do a search in Google with "2006 Jayco RV Trailer Excellent Condition - $2500" I found the same ad in those locations.

I saved my good friend some time and heart burn this same way, too good to be true......

13. SidecarMike

SidecarMike Active Member

I'm getting ready for my second knee replacement next month. My wife convinced me that crawling around setting up the popup was a lost cause and we should sell it. This is the '03 Rockwood 1640 LTD. I put it on Craigslist Thursday afternoon about 6pm. In minutes, I got a couple emails offering me half of my asking price and wanting me to deliver. Then I got a call from a guy who wanted to come right over. I tried to talk him into coming by day, but he insisted on that evening. I sold it to him an hour later, for more than I had invested.
    I wanted to buy a small motorhome, but she wants to be able to jump in the car and explore the area when we camp.
    Today we bought a Quicksilver 6.0. [?:~{] She says she can drop the four legs and I can do the rest from up top. [:D]

[NEON]

14. Fishnskeet

Fishnskeet New Member

Sold our popup last night. Went smoothly. The buyer had never owned a popup or trailer so I had to go over everything a couple of times. I had lots of phone call. Most lasted 10 min or more. I gave a 1st call 1st serve approach and some wanted to skip to the front of line. Patience is all I can say. Hope this helps.

15. penguin

penguin Member

As great as Craigslist is, it's also a vast wasteland for scam artists. I've purchased items from there with success but ran across so many scams when attempting to find a RV. Lots of "too good to be true" deals found. [:D]

16. Parkerfam7

Parkerfam7 Mom of many peeps

I have my three bunk hybrid posted on Craig's List.

17. AlsChopShop

AlsChopShop Delightfully Incompetent

Craigslist is full of flakes and scammers. I tried to sell my old truck for less than 2 grand and ended up with more aggrivaton from the CL morons that I almost scrapped the truck. Took it to my cousins place who lives out on some property. Some guy drove by and saw it, no craigslist needed.

That said, we bought our pup, my truck, and many other things off craigslist. I'd rather buy than sell on there.

Al

18. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

19. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

20. tjmama

tjmama Member

Wow, now that's how to list an add [:D]

Bought our Palomino off craigslist - turned around and sold it on craigslist

Bought the Oasis on craigslist. Yep, it's a pain! Bought and sold many items, the worst was a snowblower for $250 for whatever reason. Easiest sales were the Palomino or truck tires. Both were quick and painless. Lucked out with the Oasis as we drove 8 hours on a wing and a prayer. LuLu is worth every cent we spent on her!
    [SUN]