Anyone else sad to winterized

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by pcgeekess, Oct 26, 2014.

1. pcgeekess

pcgeekess New Member

Cleaned, Camco covered battery pulled and in basement. So sad! Can't wait until spring already.

2. F239141

F239141 New Member

I'm sad beacause I cant even afford to take my PUP out [:(] [:(!]

I hope to be able to use mine this winter some, so other than draining all the fluids its ready to go.

3. ffhankhill

ffhankhill New Member

Al ready planning next summers trips just got some new cast iron so I am ready to go [PU] [TV] [:)C]

4. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

We covered our pup, but if the parks are open and there are picnic tables around we set up a wind shelter and cook out for lunch, even dinner. We bring water, outdoor sink, propane fire ring, porta Potti in shelter. No overnight stay, but it's free. Hammonasset Beach, Bluff Points, Rockyneck, Barn Island just to name a few around here. We call it "day camping". Season just started.

5. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Been there did that last weekend.....3 hrs to clean, winterize and cover for it's winter slumber...didn't get out as much as I wanted to, did house renos during my vacation and next year we plan to go to Niagra falls for a week and camp for a couple and try to get some regular weekend trips in too. Looking forward to camping 2015

6. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

ummmmm nope...going camping in a week or two. [:D]

7. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

Haven't yet. Still have a trip planned this weekend

Candy,
    1989 Coleman Newport

8. qwed94

qwed94 New Member

I laid mine down for its winter nap last Sunday. Its OK though. We went out 10 times this season. Much better than years past.

Of course. Winterizing is sad, but Ive already winterized 200+ units this Oct. I dont really care if I never see another winterization. However thats much better than fixing pipes in April.

9. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Yes I'm sad to winterize, but haven't been able to just yet.

I was going to push it (with the TV) into the back garage for winter storage on Thursday, but we have had soooo much rain around here for the last 2 weeks, that its a mud hole between my house and the neighbors. The Pup got stuck in the mud while backing it up. So I tried to pull it forward, and it was still stuck. So I unhooked the TV from the Pup, but the TV was stuck also. I had to get a few long tow straps out and hook them onto my wife's car and pull the van out from between the houses. Ugh! I let the Pup sit there until this morning (Sunday). We haven't had rain for a few days now and things are drying up some. I was able to back in with the van and pull the Pup out at a slightly different angle. I am going to let things dry some more until tomorrow afternoon and try to put the Pup in then. They are calling for more rain tomorrow at supper time. Hopefully it will be in by then. My lawn is destroyed.

10. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

Winter...what?

[LOL] [LOL]

Truth be told I would love some cold weather!

I do need to drain my water heater and check my anoid rod. (Just to clean it)

But that is as much at i need to do.

We have had the best weather!

Florida Bill

11. CREEPPINGCHARLIE

CREEPPINGCHARLIE CAMPING RECHARGES THE HUMAN MIND

Sad that I didn't camp as much as I wanted to. But looking forward to next spring. Closer to spring today then yesterday. Come on April. [8D] [PUC] [PUT]

12. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

I will be sad to have to winterize in November. But my son and I continue to use the camper through the winter, with the water system winterized.

13. drosengrant

drosengrant One Day at a Time

All ready winterized but will keep on camping

14. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

going to do it today. Drain and flush the water tank and clean all compartments and see what other maintenance can be done and then restock for next spring. [:(]

15. mpotapa

mpotapa Member

I was sad to winterize my camper since I just upgraded to a brand new one and can't take it out this year! Went camping the weekend of the 10th in the old one and picked up the new one on the 14th. Do you guys bring your battery in for the winter? I was going to leave it with the camper in my garage and just charge it up once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Drained the system yesterday. Need a socket for the anode to finish the water heater. Then anti freeze and part one is done. Storage spot needs a lit clean up after the storms we had in massachusetts last week.

Me the missus and three hooligans!
    2014 Rockwood Premier 2317g
    2012 Ford F150 super crew ecoboost
    2011 Honda Pilot

17. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

We cleaned our PUP up a few weeks ago anticipating a new roof on house and siding replacement (hail damage), so our driveway would be empty. So we missed the IL fall rally- sad, very sad!; due to new grandchild and family visiting- can't complain too much. Looking forward to 2015. Next weekend our PUP goes to the fairgrounds storage buildings until the first weekend in April.

18. MiamiCamper

MiamiCamper New Member

Agreed. [:D]

19. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Having that conversation now with DH.. "when do you want to winterize?" [:!]

20. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Getting it done this weekend. Put it into the garage as a couple of nights are supposed to get down to 32 and don't want to chance it. Would like to still go camping but not sure our schedule is going to allow it. Oh well, great spring and summer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk