Anyone like smallmouth fishing ?

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by icepounder, Sep 28, 2014.

1. icepounder

icepounder New Member

One of my favorite species is smallmouth bass. They fight hard and can be found it rivers and lakes. I don't hear many fisherman say anything about them. :huh:

Early last fall I had video taped a descant smallmouth caught on a top water lure using UL gear .. it was fun.

Here's the video .. www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxeFwn3UZF8

2. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

Yup....my mom has a pond full of them.....tried to talk my daughter into going fishing today but she didn't bite lol.

3. icepounder

icepounder New Member

I know what your talking about. Before my daughter would hook the worms, catch a fish, release the fish and so on.
    This year she turned 10 and went from tomboy to girl. The whole nine yards. Earings, painting the fingernails, doesn't touch worms, etc.. :sad:

4. saratogaowner

saratogaowner New Member

I used to love fishing for smallies out of the huron river when I lived in michigan

5. Djo

Djo Member

Smallies and a fly rod - best is taken off the surface with poppers. You could not ask for better fishing (other than trout on dry flies). I have always preferred wading small rivers but got to go in a drift boat this year on a large River and that was pretty sweet.
    David

6. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

I used to love fishing for smallies in the smmall local river growing up. It was a muddy river that many people in the area seemed to think lacked any fish. Lots of people walking by would tell me there was nothing in there... and then I'd pull out a smallie or a rock bass right in front of them [:D] Too bad there's no river like that where I live now.