Anyone own a Coachman Clipper 806?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by rarin 2 go, Aug 21, 2011.

1. rarin 2 go

rarin 2 go New Member

Any member here with a 2011 Coachman Clipper 806? What does it contain, and are you satisified with it? Is the refrigerator large enough for a weekend or do you
    need to pack coolers as well?

2. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I'm pretty sure there is someone on here that has this PUP. Maybe he hasn't seen your post yet.

3. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

I don't own your particular model (I have Coachmen Viking) so I can't comment on the particulars of what it contains, but pretty much standard on newer p'ups are fridge, sink (w/water pump), heater, stove (many are indoor/outdoor...most Coachmen products I've looked at have the combo), convertable dinette. Many, if not most newer models also have a water heater for hot water on demand....unless it's a more base model p'up. I'm sure there are numerous options as well. Quickly glancing at the floorplan, it doesn't look like it has potti or shower.

In RE to the fridge, these are pretty standard on any p'up and there are only a couple different companies that make them. Dometic seems to be the most common and that is what is in my Coachmen Viking. Like I said, they're pretty standard....and they're pretty small.

In RE to whether it's large enough for a weekend, that would depend greatly on what you're packing. There are quite a few folks here on the portal that stick to canned and dried goods, with only minimal products that need refrigeration. I myself could not just use the fridge even for a weekend. We always pack a cooler. I like to cook and we eat well when we're camping, so I have all kinds of meats, eggs, cheese, etc that needs to be kept cold. We're also big fans of beer, so there's no way we'd ever be able to get by on just the fridge alonge

4. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

5. Moeman

Moeman New Member

We just bought a 2011 Coachman Sport 806 in October 2011, end of season rental from a very reputable family rental company near our home. It was rented out about 8 times and to the same family 3 times out of the 8. We just opened it for the first time on Sunday March 18Th (besides seeing it up while we purchased it). We love it and there is absolutely nothing wrong or broken with it except the green warning guide wire that tells you the roof is raised high enough. I guess when the last people use it they got it caught during closing and they just left it. I need to replace this guide wire somehow so I don't crank it too much or too high. It's only an 8ft box but it's perfect for us, we also have a 12 foot dinning tent, when they're both up together the trailer and dinning tent I'm sure that's all we'll need. Looking soooo forward to this season and to especially getting off the ground !!!!

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Welcome Moe & Sue, happy camping, enjoy for Connectciut. [CP]

7. dvenable

dvenable New Member

We have a Clipper Sport 107 and love it. The fridge is probably the same size as ours. We keep drinks in coolers outside but just about all of the other food goes into the fridge with us with plenty of room left over. We're only a family of three but we've taken friends with us and didn't run out of fridge space.

8. rarin 2 go

rarin 2 go New Member

We ended up with a basic Palomino 280, light weight and just gets us up
    from the ground.
    Thanks for the input.

9. petelease

petelease New Member

I owned a Sport 806 Clipper. I sold it to my daughter and her husband. I loved it. Went hunting many times in it and heater kept us warm in the cold winter. Added an AC to it and never had a chance to enjoy the ac. Did try it a few times at home and it cooled down the camper easily. I think it was a 13,000 btu unit. I didn't have a frig in it. And I only had crank down stabilizers on the rear. Front was held stable by the wheeled hitch crank. Are there any problems that I need to look into on it ?
    Pete Lease

10. Yes Dear

Yes Dear Member

We have an 806. It came equipped with furnace, 3 way fridge. The fridge is small but is ok for the two of us, we still take a ice chest. It came with rear crank down stabs I have added fronts. So far we are satisfied with the unit.