Anyone Regret Buying New???

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by 3charter, Mar 4, 2012.

1. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

What State is the title from?

2. disneysandi

disneysandi New Member

The title is from GA. I bought it from someone in FL. The previous owner had signed the title when he bought it but he never transferred the title. I figured that as long as I had the signed title that I could transfer it to me. My state won't do it w/o a signed bill of sale from GA from the owner on the title. When I told the person I bought it from, he said, "no prob". Well, it has been since September and a no go. I need to go back to the DMV and tell them what is going on and see what I can do. I am sure if I pay enough money they can fix it. I just don't have money to spare.

3. Sokokis

Sokokis New Member

I have to echo most others - we bought new and do not regret it at all. I'm fairly handy, but new means that I got to see how things were supposed to be, rather than how someone else thought they should be. Besides, making the first mods is the BEST fun!

4. nimrod65

nimrod65 Member

As for financing new, we bought our new one for less than we sold our teardrop for. No regrets.

5. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

I just bought mine used, but from my local dealer. Got a great deal, everything works the way it should, and they made sure of that before I took possession so there was no worries about what may not work once I got it home. Had awning pole missing, and when I called about it, they provided me a new one, no problem. It's only an 8 ft box, and in a few years I think I will go to a 12 footer. Not really necessary, but kinda like the idea of just a little more inside space.