Anyone tested these LED lights yet?

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by Mellow52, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Mellow52

Mellow52 New Member

I am ready to go the LED path. I know I want warm white and brighter than what we have now in the '07 Fleetwood Williamsburg.

Has anyone tested these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warm-White-3528-SMD-48-LED-Car-Interior-Dome-Light-Panel-w-BA15S-1156-Adapter-/270983550104?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f17e0d498&vxp=mtr

Cargo bay - 2 bulbs
    Welcome light -1 bulb
    Ceiling lights - 4 bulbs
    Portable fan/light - 1 bulb
    + 2 spare

Total 10

2. dupreet

dupreet New Member

3. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    Yes, I replaced my ceiling lights with them. I loved them so much that I bought more to put in my porch and bunk end lights.

I didn't take a picture of them, but they are fabulous. I put one bulb into one side of the fixture, and left the incandecent bulb in the other side, replaced the cover, and turned the light on. I would bet anyone that they couldn't tell the difference, except that the LED was slightly brighter. The color temperature and light dispursement were exactly the same.

4. Mellow52

Mellow52 New Member

Thanks for the response guys. I got them 2 days after I place the order, WOW. Installed them in 5 minutes, WOW! They outshine my old amp hungry light bulbs, WOW!!

To say I am pleased would be an understatement. Highly recommended for anyone that want to switch to LED without breaking the bank. There is no sacrifice in the amount and quality of the light, I think it is better in all regards. They look well made and I tested all ten and all work perfectly. As expected with any LED light a few had a temperature (warmness of the light) shift so I just paired the ones that match in temp when I needed two in one light fixture.

Best $46 I spent and I have three spare (cargo area only had one). Easy mod that makes a BIG difference. My power converter normally kicked in a fan when I turned on four of the lights in the pup with a borderline annoying fan sound but now I turn on ALL the lights and no fan. JOY [:D]

5. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Mello52...did you go with the exact ones in the link at the OP? I have an 06 Fleetwood Utah and want to replace the 4 bulbs in the ceiling domes.

thanks!

6. Mellow52

Mellow52 New Member

Jip IVBENS the exact ones in the op. It shipped from the USA and not HK.

7. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Thank you. I'll be ordering these today.

8. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Thanks for the link - I've just ordered two!

I do already have two LEDs in my PUP, they are the bright white type which are ok, but I'm keen to try the warm yellow.
    But when I bought mine it had the 3M sticky pad on the back, which shrivelled up & almost melted so now won't stick.

How are you attaching yours ?

9. Rodger D.

Rodger D. New Member

Hello All

Yesterday at about 5:48 I was at Pikes Peak RV ( near Wooten
    and Hwy 24 ) re-looking at their LED Lights. They are so proud
    of them they are selling them higher than a half tank of gas each.

Our interior and Exterior lights are the #1142 design.

Wish I could say I have Tested LED's.

Rodger & Gabby
    FltSgtAmsn.com
    COS

10. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Mello52, do you think they would fit in our 2002 Fleetwood/Coleman Taos? How did you determine which ones would work for you?

11. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    The only problem that I had was that the base adapter didn't fit in my sockets. Not t to be defeated, I simply snipped the wires and used saddle taps to connect them to the power wires in the light fixtures.

12. Harvardroger

Harvardroger If it feels good, do it! If it hurts, Stop!

I ordered similar ones on E-bay a couple months ago and am still skeptical. Some of them got hot enough to de-solder the individual LED's. I put in the old incandescent ones in a couple of spots on the last trip.

I had purchased some "low cost" LED brake lights only to find they were wired with reverse polarity and not useable. I ordered some that we're higher priced and they worked great.

I am looking at the lower priced LED's with a grain of salt. I'm thinking they low priced ( dare I say cheap) for a reason.

YMMV

Roger

13. Mellow52

Mellow52 New Member

jonkquil I just ran into the exact same problem after deciding to test run them for about 6 hour straight. The double sided tape on the back although it says 3M is not. I have the red high strength 3M tape that I will test and report back. I know it is very strong but not sure what it will do under the higher temperatures. If it fails will look at a spring clip of sorts.

14. Mellow52

Mellow52 New Member

Yes it will just make sure it has the BA15S 1156 and it is a simple swap with your current bulbs.

15. Mellow52

Mellow52 New Member

I normally also avoid going with cheaper options and believe you get what you pay for. I just spent so much $$ on the 'extras' for our new (to us) pup that I broke my rule and went with these. I will report back after a few months and tell you what my final verdict is but as for now I am very happy. The light quality and brightness is fantastic. The double sided tape is crap and does not hold after a few hours. The light does get warm and if I had to guess just slight less temp as the incandescent bulb before. I would be interested to know what temperature the more expensive LED lights run at. It is not true that LEDs run cool. I have some super expensive LED (2K litepanels) lights for video production and they do run hot.

16. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

are those numbers on the old bulbs or on the fixtures? Maybe we can open ours up this weekend and check.

I know our current fixtures are very hot to the touch, which makes me nervous, I wonder if these would make a difference.

17. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

Got my bulb type from here www.led4rv.com and very happy with the bulbs & service

18. Mellow52

Mellow52 New Member

If your light bulb has 1141 on it you are good to go with BA15S 1156 connector

19. mikef

mikef New Member

I bought those and never installed them. As soon as I received them I tossed them aside. They were not what I was expecting, well not as bright as I was expecting. They require a bit of modification to in order to retrofit them correctly. If your not familiar with electrical, this could be an issue. I decided to buy a an LED automotive light instead. Off ebay, check them out. VERY BRIGHT! Am very pleased.

2x Car Vehicle Bulbs 1156 BA15S 30-LED 3528-SMD White Brake Turn/Tail Light 12V

Brand new & high quality
    Long life expectancy up to 5,000 hours
    Can be used as turn signal light, corner light, parking light, side marker light, tail light, and back up lights, etc.
    Bulb type: 1156
    Socket type: BA15S
    Voltage: 12V
    Color: white
    Each bulb has 30 SMD LEDs2x Car Vehicle Bulbs 1156 BA15S 30-LED 3528-SMD White Brake Turn/Tail Light 12V

I ended up replacing the 2 single fixtures with 2 double fixtures and wired in 2 3-way switches so we could turn the lights on or off from either bunk. With all the LED`s lit up, it`s only drawing 1.5amps.. not 7 or so the old halogens did and I have at least 4x more light.

20. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Thanks Mellow would love to hear how the testing goes. :)