Anyone travelling have Lupus? Or Sun Challenged?

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by Deb C, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Deb C

Deb C New Member

My partner has such a terrible reaction to sunlight. Any experiences to share?
    We have the spray on uv protection for fabric and uv clothing. Getting the 3M clear product with uv blockage for truck windows.
    Wisdom shared is pain avoided...

2. Clive

Clive New Member

My wife has Lupus (or SLE as it is known in the UK), we just have a stick up sun block blind for the side window, the tint on the windshield is enough to block the rays. the blind is quick to stick up and pull down on it's little suckers.
    Apart from stopping for comfort breaks no problem with the sun at all. Being on the older side once I stop for a break I have to go, can't wait for another layer of factor 50 lotion to be applied so she has a treated lightweight shawl to wrap her head and arms in, looks odd but does the job.
    Once on site she stays in the car while I put the pup up, not worked out if she needs to or is just getting out of helping!

3. Deb C

Deb C New Member

SLE is our pest too. She's covered from head to toe, slathered well too. Upgrading to a PUP is the first excitement she's demonstrated in ages. The new infusion therapy has finally started to work and we're hopeful...

Thanks for sharing. We'll move our world forward better expanding our horizons not multiplying our fears!

4. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

I recently developed what appears to be a sun sensitivity, will be interesting to follow any additional posts. Mine appears to be medication related, possibility of being drug-induced lupus.