Anyone use a cordless drill in the tongue jack?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by bheff, Aug 13, 2019.

1. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Novel idea. I have the handle but lost the part you hold on to to turn the handle. Might give this a try next trip.

2. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

To answer your question - yes, I did nearly 20 yrs ago with our 2000 Santa Fe.

[​IMG]

bheff likes this.
  3. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to give it a try. Beats cranking by hand.

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

platcecila50 likes this.
  5. platcecila50

platcecila50 New Member

As a woman knocking on the door of 70 years old. THIS is the hardest challenge for me. I do not have enough strength to turn the crank to lift our 1998 Starcraft Venture up. My husband feels like if I'm to camp I must be able to do it all...I have an electric drill ... Praying this works for me...

I am also totally deep cleaning EVERTHING.. Inside and out..painting cabinets, hopefully cleaning and painting cabinet hardware, cleaning mildew spots, and sewing new valance, curtains and recovering cushions for dining area, removing rust from frame ..priming everything paintable, fine sanding and 2 coats of paint ..

I greatly appreciate your sharing ...all advise and examples are SO helpful as I make this journey..
    THANK YOU
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take..BUT the moments that take your breath away.

FARfetched likes this.
  6. davekro

davekro Active Member

Great pics of all your awesome modding! But what size box roof are you raising with your Dewalt 18V (you list 4 pop ups). Any 10' 0r 12' boxes w/ that Dewalt? Can you raise roof and tongue jack and corner supports on one charge? I sure wish all folks would add their box length in their signature to save us from looking up the model and needing to find bed sizes to guess the box length (pet peeve ;) )
    (1999 Starcraft Stardust 10')

I always enjoy your mods and input!