April 2019 - So, what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2019.

1. BedHead

BedHead Member

Brought her home on Saturday. Haven’t opened her up yet - it might snow this weekend. This is the earliest we’ve been able to get her out of storage! Next week we’ll hopefully get to open her up and clean and plan the flooring

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Canceled the 10-day solo that was scheduled to begin next Tuesday. While the dealer said they probably could get the trailer back to us in time to re-pack it, etc., I decided not to make myself crazy. Still plenty of trips planned for the rest of the year.

3. 8lugnutz

8lugnutz Member

I hate to hear that. We had to cancel part of our Spring Break trip due to bad weather, it's never fun to cancel a trip that you are looking forward too.

neighbormike likes this.
  4. Buckmaster81

Buckmaster81 Active Member

Well after much deliberation and scheming, I went ahead and put holes in my roof to mount the roof racks and bike racks. I went right over the eternabond tape on the seams and sealed everything with 3m 5200. I figure if it’s good enough for the below water line sea **** fittings on my boat it should work for a roof.

Also tested the water system. Water heater works but I found a leak at the shower where it mounts in the wall in the dinette. Has a cracked threaded fitting. Replacment ordered.

Also opened up the canopy, had the kids scrub it clean and function checked. Still need to sew in the rest of the rope and replace the zipper.

Otherwise she’s ready to roll. Can’t wait to use this thing!

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Bought myself a solar panel and backup camera. This weekend I'm going to go camping to install it. That is assuming I can find someone who can step in to do my volunteer work. If not, guess I'm camping and working and will try and install at least the back up camera before nightfall. Crossing my fingers I find help in time I would love to take advantage of a beautiful weekend and work on the camper vrs working.

neighbormike likes this.
  6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Took it out of storage on Tuesday, put it on the summer resting spot and replaced the travel door weather stripping.

I was planning on getting all of the spring maintenance (lube lift tubes, grease lift and pulleys, lube lifter arms, grease bearings and open it up) done this weekend, but there is a chance of snow on Saturday followed by a spell of cold. :mad:

neighbormike likes this.
  7. kitphantom

The dealer's shop got our TT done this afternoon, so just a day in the shop. Repack of bearings, inspection of brakes, etc. They needed to adjust the "drag brake" a bit, which was the only thing they could find as a cause of the warm hub.
    Got the trailer home and parked for 4 weeks. Fridge is on, fan is running, since we're back to warm weather & it was 94 inside the TT.
    I'm glad, though, that I canceled next week's trip, I'd just crowded my schedule a bit too much. It's good too, since I can spend more time with a friend as she recovers from foot surgery - she can actually drive, since it's her left foot, but it isn't fun for her. It's easier to have me drive and handle her knee scooter. It also breaks up the boredom for someone used to being active.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    neighbormike likes this.
  8. Kampus

Kampus Active Member

Just finished putting new flooring in. While I think the color the DW picked looks awesome, I was not impressed with the product at all. Fine cuts were difficult and didn't cut clean as stated...cost me a couple of pieces. Bought two boxes to be safe, needed 1 box and 2 pieces from the second. It was recommended by a Home Depot employee...."lots of boat and camper owners use and love this stuff." After purchasing and reading the instructions it states not to use in either.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Traffic...Plank-Flooring-24-sq-ft-case-185312/206934038
    Oh well, we will see how it holds up...looks great for now. "it really ties the room together"
    20190425_223709.jpg
    20190425_223610.jpg

Buckmaster81 and neighbormike like this.
  9. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Looks great!

Kampus likes this.
  10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

@Kampus the floor looks awesome.

Kampus likes this.
  11. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

I get to bring it home! It was at the shop getting new tires and a basic inspection of the exterior systems. we havethe garage mostly cleaned and organized. Now I get to do the interior mods I've been waiting for.

12. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

We went to the north Ga mountains on a trout fishing trip also going to Stephen C Foster sp this Thursday. Renting a jon boat with a map and going to explore the Okefenokee swamp. Coming home on Sunday. We are really looking forward to this trip. We’ve been talking about going for a long time. Thank God we have a/c.

13. WingmanHG

WingmanHG Member

If it’s recommended for a trailer or not it looks awesome. The valences on each end are something I want to do could you send me a close up picture and so I can see how it’s put together? Held on with Velcro?

Kampus likes this.
  14. Kampus

Kampus Active Member

There is a small track that runs around the base of the roof and the valances have some tabs stitched on them, they slide into the track...came that way. I will grab some pics tomorrow. I have seen the tabs sold here and there. I don't see why you couldn't use velcro to attach them though. It would probably be easier if you don't all ready have a the track.

15. WingmanHG

WingmanHG Member

No track in my cape cod ..... thanks I’d appreciate it

16. Fred1diver

Fred1diver Active Member

I bought a new plug for the pup today, going to install it tomorrow, couldn't find the same colour but white will have to do, might install it under the table in install the table one for near the front bunk

17. kitphantom

We got started on some maintenance today. The new curtains I bought this year had fallen down a few times, just on the two trips so far. I finally realized that the way the original design of the curtains was, with the side attached to the wall by screws, provided enough tension to keep the old-fashioned cafe curtain style rods in place over the bumps of the road. So, I put holes in the new curtains, attached them to the wall, and we'll see how they do.
    The microwave had started to shift in its niche again slightly. We found that the glue on the frame Courtenay had built to keep it in place had failed. The frame was also just moving around in that space. We'll be looking for a better glue, and have to buy larger fasteners to secure the oven to the garnish, all that moving enlarged the holes a bit of the original fasteners (2 have disappeared to who knows where).
    Our last thing was a "What?" or "Duh" moment. We lifted the bed to retrieve something, to discover a light shining under there, near the back wall. I knew some Retros had lights in storage areas, but we'd never known ours had one. Neither of us can see the fixture from inside the cabin. To see it from the outside, through the access hatch, we have to bend way down (farther than either of us would to put things in and out of the hatch) and look up. Somehow this week, the switch got turned out, probably hit with something in there. So glad we're plugged in, since it was an incandescent bulb, and it's been on since Wed. or Thursday. We'll replace it with an LED bulb, it was too hot to do that today.

18. JWeible

JWeible Active Member

Did some shopping in preparation for our first trip with our new pup in two weeks. Bought a new patio mat, blue water container, a battery operated nightlight, citronella candles, and cup holders that stick into the ground. Just little odds & ends but very exciting for us as the trip gets closer!!

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I just spent a good portion of the day working on my camper. Some basic stocking and organizing. But the bulk of the work was installing a new LED strip under my awning. That led to the discovery of some gaps in some sealant which I fixed. And a piece of my "anti-rodent" mesh under the camper had come loose, so I had to fix that too.
    Tomorrow is going to be spent re-securing a wire "loom" that supports the wires going to the slide out. One end has come loose and it's just hanging there now. The end that broke was just a flexible piece of plastic. I'll be replacing it with a proper hinge. So another busy day tomorrow. Gotta be ready for Memorial Day!

20. Kampus

Kampus Active Member

20190427_155115_resized.jpg
    20190427_155127_resized.jpg
    20190427_155122_resized.jpg

WingmanHG likes this.