April 2019 - So, what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Fred1diver

Fred1diver Active Member

once it warms up later this afternoon, I'll probably change the trailer connector, it wasn't pushed in enough and it unplugged itself on my last trip, just have to be sure of the proper wiring diagram, then I'll install the 120v plug I bought yesterday.

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Sadly it looks like the items I wanted to install this camping trip didn't happen. Apparently missing parts for the solar panel, and my wiring for the backup camera is wrong. Then to top it off, it started to rain and I couldnt install the strip lights I had planned. Oh well I guess that means I get to camp some more. Sadly the only time I can work on the camper is when I camp. No driveway and my new storage lot doesn't allow you to work on the camper. More trips out, I'm not complaining.

neighbormike, Sjm9911 and WannaTravel like this.
  3. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

That sounds like a win-win!

4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Replaced EVERY soft surface in our camper: canvas, foam cushions and bedding, curtains, valances. Made covers for the new foam from Marine vinyl. Sick of having to clean and re-scothgard the covers. Only having valances for now, other than the bunk ends, since the new canvas came with interior covers throughout.

I've got a lime green and turquoise color scheme going on along with vintage camper theme. The valances and shower curtain are vintage campers with those colors. No pictures right this second of anything but the cushions.

Ignore the mess in the camper. As you can see by the floor and the step/shoe storage (that I got the idea from someone here for and love it,) we live in a very sandy environment - Florida. Kind of drives me nuts, but better than the mud of WV.

[​IMG]

Got some pics.

Valances:

[​IMG]

Shower curtain:

[​IMG]

Cool little table I got at Five Below. They stack, so going back to buy a turquoise one, which they also had. Not sure why I didn't buy one of each to begin with...

The bucket on it with humidity thing is from the Dollar Tree. We put one at each end while the camper is down.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  5. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

577AC922-B6E5-4481-875F-6B0887D9211D.jpeg Getting ready to open the pup. Installed digital thermostat in the TT
    Snows finally gone from my storage lot

6. Fred1diver

Fred1diver Active Member

finally installed my interior outlet and replaced the trailer end plug. next will be closing her up and getting the entry side off to resew the window to the zipper

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Cool shower curtain and valances! You've been busy!

jmkay1 and Orchid like this.
  8. Orchid

Thank you! I made the valances out of the original curtains I made - about 5 or 6 makeovers ago. The curtains were too short and drove me crazy. The shower curtains I got from LTD Commodities and just cut to fit, backed with two plain white liners and sewed Velcro on all of it. By far, the hardest thing was the marine vinyl cushion covers!

I can throw out a set made of upholstery fabric in an evening, but this stuff was hard to work with. I hope to NEVER have to work with it again. It's resistant to stains, mold, bacteria, and fading so should last forever. One of the covers is a bit too big and one a bit too small, but nobody will ever be able to tell that but me. [:I]

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  9. 8lugnutz

8lugnutz Member

I feel your pain, most of what I do to ours happens on camping trips too. Our HOA only allows for "Immediate loading and unloading only". I have received "violations" for parking it in my own driveway overnight after packing it, and our trip starting the next day. Seems the HOA people have no concept of preparing for anything. I need to put new flooring in mine, but have to do it in the school parking lot down the road, or at a buddy's house 30 mins away.

Speaking of preparedness, we field tested our cooler system a couple of weeks ago. We have a Cabela's Polar Cap cooler and used salt ice blocks to help keep all our stuff frozen during our trip. We try to only open the cooler once a day and pull out what we are going to eat for that night; the meals are prepared ahead of time (before the trip), and then vacuum sealed in a boil and serve bag. No cooking, and very little clean up. We use paper plates and either toss or burn them in the fire so we only have to wash serving and eating utensils. The water that's already hot from boiling our dinner then serves double duty as wash water! Cooler and salt blocks worked like a champ and kept things frozen solid for 72 hours!

10. Pop-N-Fresh

Pop-N-Fresh New Member

beautiful. I hope it holds up well. keep us posted.

11. 8lugnutz

8lugnutz Member

Where did you get the square rod to hold the shower curtain?!?!? I've been using a HULA HOOP!

12. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

I painted our steps.
    The paint seemed thin and the steps looked a bit rusty. I used black flat Rustoleum but it really had a nice satin/eggshell finish to it. Painted it on with a small 2 inch brush and it looks like new.
    And it dried before bugs landed on it.

13. Orchid

It was original to the camper.

8lugnutz likes this.
  14. littlebritches

littlebritches Member

I have seen lots of your posts. Do you know of any posts that have PICTURES of how to lube the lift tubes?

15. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

16. littlebritches

littlebritches Member

BikeNFish likes this.
  17. Redheadedcamper

Redheadedcamper New Member

Where did you purchase the power cord cover? Needing to do his fix as well, thanks

18. littlebritches

littlebritches Member

Amazon.... Screenshot_20190602-172012_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Redheadedcamper and kitphantom like this.
  19. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

When I replaced the power cord cover on ours, I went a different direction:

s-l500 (Small).jpg

This one is for a 15A connection, there are ones for 30A & 50A as well. I didn't like the cord getting stuffed haphazardly into the same compartment that our water tank / pump resides, so I wired one of these in, & carry a heavy-duty extension cord to plug it in.