April 2022 - what did you do for your camper?

TSQ

Mar 28, 2021
Niagara Region, ON
Got some stuff to work on this weekend (weather permitting):
IMG_20220423_112850257.jpg
- HD suspension kit w/wet bolts
- Trim insert to replace cracked trim around front storage box
- Brass 1"-20 high pressure propane outlet cap (plastic one broke)
- Some silicone elastic bands for general purpose use (including across the flip down counter door knobs to keep the doors closed when flipping)

+ painting my new dual spare tire carrier as I got the welding completed.

generok

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
I went to the lot and put the batteries back in, got the WDH installed, but the ball mount back on the TV, pulled up the jacks and brought her home! Since then I made the bed. Now that making the bed is out of the way, I can work on the easy stuff like remounting tires.

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
We had to cancel our trip to Grand Canyon next week, because my friend is needing surgery ASAP. So, first trip of the year canceled due to my surgery and this. Hoping things settle down. We're sure someone will be happy to find a cancellation spot at Grand Canyon.
Now to undo the packing, etc. I've done for the girls' trip, and prep for a 2-week trip in 2-1/2 weeks - at least I won't be doing the 5-day changeover between trips. We'll need to take the trailer to the KOA before we leave, to dump the tanks after de-winterizing and sanitizing/flushing, that was planned for my first night out next week.
The JB Water Weld and my LP hose to connect the gallon tank to the single burner stove arrived, so we can work with those this weekend.
I thought the fill pipe on my fresh water tank was leaking, so I did the JB Weld but it turned out the hose will just not clamp down on the pipe. (3 drops per minute). Gonna wrap rescue tape, clamp it, and call it a day.

Last edited:

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
DH installed new fridge door handle replacements. He accidentally broke it by bumping into it. Dometic replacements weren’t cheap. Purchased Camco RV toilet paper since it was 41% discounted from the regular price. Got 6 packs of 4 rolls for $11. That should last until next summer 2023. Ordered a closet organizer for DH’s clothes. I already have one in my closet. Waiting for it’s delivery. I’ll organize his clothes and closet when it’s delivered. Rolling our clothes works best in our small closet space. Picked up DVD’s from the Goodwill to keep inside the Kodiak for rainy days. I want to replace our Television to a bigger size. Still using our TV from the Aliner. We are waiting until it breaks then will upgrade. DH washed the Kodiak to remove dead bugs.

Can’t wait for our next trip. Going to ride our mini motorcycles around the forest roads. Should be lots of fun.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We filled the fresh tank to the top again. It did turn out that the leak is at the threads of the air vent on the tank, so the JB Weld won't help with that. It won't go to waste, since we can plug the vent holes on our Reliance water jugs as the plugs break.
I did some of the changeover into a trip for Courtenay and me at the end of the first week of May, since the ladies' trip for this week is canceled. The dry food boxes are now packed, replacing some things I'd moved into different boxes. We just need to tally meals packed, since we'll just eat what I'd had ready for the ladies' trip.
I reset the EMS, since it cut power to the trailer for low voltage, we assume that was last night, when the house light briefly went low.

neighbormike

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2012
WI
Sanitized plumbing, got fridge going, did some reorganization and began stocking…. Will need to get the bed made and finish getting clothes & groceries in. Will get the truck loaded up next weekend.

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
Got a lot done this weekend... as it was warm enough to play with the water
1) got the water system flushed and sanitized
2) replaced the fogged up Furrion backup camera with a different one from Tadibrothers (gave the Furrion 2 chances - both cameras fogged up - each after about 3 years). The Tadibrothers camera was an easy swap out as they had a Furrion adaptor so the camera fits right into the Furrion mount assembly. Woo hoo!
3) rinsed the awning with a car wash brush to remove some dirt and reapplied Wet & Forget Outdoors (I had applied some about 4 years ago after i got tired of having a lot of mold on that white underside - it has really made a difference and i figured it now should get a fresh application though that first post winter roll out of the awning yesterday still did not have mold, just some dirt)
4) and then gave the whole camper a bath.

we are ready for the first season outing on Mother's day weekend!

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
3) rinsed the awning with a car wash brush to remove some dirt and reapplied Wet & Forget Outdoors (I had applied some about 4 years ago after i got tired of having a lot of mold on that white underside - it has really made a difference and i figured it now should get a fresh application though that first post winter roll out of the awning yesterday still did not have mold, just some dirt)
I haven't opened my awning yet. It's gonna be a science experiment.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I haven't opened my awning yet. It's gonna be a science experiment.
Ours is always "interesting". The rain and snow melt works its way in from the ends, so we can have dripping water when we open it. We had one day that was calm enough to open it earlier this spring, after our 3 or 4 snowstorms in a row. Last one was extremely heavy, wet snow. (Alas, we're right back into drought, with bad wildfires all over the place.)
If we lived somewhere more humid, rainy, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see moss grow on that awning.
We've given up trying to keep it white and shiny. We settle for scrubbing off active mildew, leaving the stains behind. It's far less useful than the one on our popup was, so is used far less that we expected.

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
Ours is always "interesting". The rain and snow melt works its way in from the ends, so we can have dripping water when we open it. We had one day that was calm enough to open it earlier this spring, after our 3 or 4 snowstorms in a row. Last one was extremely heavy, wet snow. (Alas, we're right back into drought, with bad wildfires all over the place.)
If we lived somewhere more humid, rainy, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see moss grow on that awning.
We've given up trying to keep it white and shiny. We settle for scrubbing off active mildew, leaving the stains behind. It's far less useful than the one on our popup was, so is used far less that we expected.
ours is always dripping wet when we open it. rain wicks all the way through the entire length of the awning and never dries. If I remember i caution people to stand back as it drips upon deployment (for some reason people don't like getting dripped on ??).:oops::D

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
Sneaky, it must be very difficult to not get it wet! Gloves?
So do we. Right now, it's the waiting game to see when surgery will happen.
I had minor pinky finger surgery yesterday, to remove a cyst and 2 bone spurs. (I happened into a cancellation for scheduling it, or it would have been a couple of months later.) I thought the doctorr said no restrictions, but I have a 5# limit on my dominant hand for two weeks, and can't get that finger wet. It would have been interesting to camp with all that, but I would have done it. My friend is taking comfort in the fact that "maybe we whouldn't have gone with those restrictions", so I'm not telling her I would have done it anyway.

Austin694

Feb 18, 2015
Opened up the trailer. Sanitized the water system, tested hot water heater. Replaced the hose for the shower head, since it wasnt long enough to hang on the bracket of the ceiling. Ordered a new shower curtain, as the one that came with it was only 72 inches and needs to be at least 94. I am happy with our trailer but these little things are super annoying.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Sneaky, it must be very difficult to not get it wet! Gloves?
Yes, gloves, which I use a lot anyway. I'm using my husband's large size nitrile gloves, but even those are too tight on my wrapping to go all the way over that finger. Thankfully, I have plenty of the one-size-fits all plastic ones, since I accidentally ordered another package of 4 boxes a while back.
It would not have been fun camping with it, but I might have managed. In some ways, it's more limiting than the broken ankle in '20 was (that took 4 months to heal, so I did 2 trips, including 2 weeks at Grand canyon with it). I keep telling myself that it's "just" my pinky - but it turns out to be used a lot more than I realized.