Are we the only ones sleeping in sleeping bags?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by RKA, Jul 8, 2009.

1. 5Star

5Star New Member

We have 2" of foam padding under our mattress on both ends and use the Travasak sleeping systems on the beds.

They work great and are very comfortable. I sleep as good as being home.

The travasak is a queen size comforter that zips up like a sleeping bag. The sheets Velcro to the inside of the bag.

www.travasak.com/

2. RKA

RKA New Member

Wow! Didn't know this would be such a popular topic when I started it! Sounds like there are as many bedding preferences as there are popups and mods. I love it!

3. pandahelen

pandahelen Member

We have always camped with sleeping bags, one each for the boys and two zipped together for DH and I. However, since we are heading south this summer, I am concerned about it being very hot. We found that the Ikea full sheets fit our double beds quite well and have put them on the mattresses. We have queen sized top sheets for each bed. I have to have something on me at night, no matter how hot and a sheet will also help to keep the mosquitos from feasting on me! We'll see how it all works out tomorrow night as we set out for three weeks! [:D]

4. getndusty

getndusty pull up a stump and sit a spell

it depends on the weather and the type of camping experience I am looking to enjoy. When I am at the lake with friends and it is really hot I like bed linnens. But when it is cool or I am looking to have a boonedocking/roughing it feel, I like my mummy bag. But my roots are from tent camping so that weighs in a little bit.

Nothing wrong with experimenting. "What ever floats your boat" I say.

5. justforfun

justforfun Just Havin Fun

I like to sleep in my sleeping bag.Good ole coleman bag.
    We keep 5 sleeping bags in the pup along with sheets for both pull out beds.
    When it is cold we seldom use our heater...hardly works right anyway.
    Daryl

6. MamaK

MamaK Member

For us it's air mattress on the camper mattress , mattress pad, stretchy jersey sheets and blankets according to the weather. We each have our own "camper" pillow. Sheets get washed after each trip, all bedding at the end of the season.

7. ohpupgang

ohpupgang Member

We just bought a new king size sleeping bag that actually is the size of a king size bed. My DW and I really like it. It is easy to set up and pack. We use it hot or cold.

8. SCmomma

SCmomma New Member

our air mattress is surprisingly comfy and we use sheets and blankets on top of it........

i have never been a fan of sleeping bags.......i don't like to be confined and my dad bought me a plastic sleeping bag that i sweated to death in a few times and that was the end of the line for me and sleeping bags........i am sure they have their fans but i am not one of them........haha........SCmomma

9. JRT DOG

JRT DOG 1993 Coleman Arcadia / 1999 Chevy Astro

I also us the Travasak sleeping bag...the sheets velcro to the top and bottom of the sack. There is a winter side and a summer side and a zipper on both sides...I use the egg crates and also a down mattress cover...It is really comfortable and feels like home

Denise

10. TwistedElvis

TwistedElvis New Member

My bag is a 15deg bag its what I use for my backpack trips and in the summer here I just use a thin sheet but in the winter it will come in handy.

11. Yar

Yar Garland, TX

Used sleeping bags when doing tent camping. Haven't used them since we have moved off of the ground and have some climate control inside the pup.

12. spillarke

spillarke New Member

My wife and I prefer sheets and quilts, its more like home. We like to be comfortable and cozy in the pup. [SNZ] Our son uses a sleeping bag.

13. BiXLL

BiXLL Chippewa Twp., Pa.

We use our Coleman sleeping bags, no bedding for us.

14. northernohioguy

northernohioguy Member

[SNZ] [SNZ]We use regular sheets and an electric blanket. We don't plug in the blanket unless the forecast dictates, but justuse it as a blanket otherwise.

We also bought a queen size piece of memory foam for on top of the Coleman mattress, as we didn't feel the mattress itself had enough comfort.

15. New2PUP

New2PUP Member

We use sheets on the mattress but then sleeping bags on top. The sheets are there if you want to sit on the bunk end or if you want to use the sleeping bag like a blanket...we have those nice heavy coleman sleeping bags like a comforter!

However, when we were camping in Lake Harris, NY this last week the rain was so heavy and the air so cold we slept inside our sleeping bags zipped up as the sheets felt cold and damp under us. The sleeping bag helped alleviate that.

do what makes you feel comfortable, every trip is different...

:) Diana

16. Mr Zip

Mr Zip Member

Yep- The Traversak system is the best IMO. I bought a Queen and King for each end of the bunks. We love it...the best for an RV.

No Muss No Fuss. A bit pricey but worth every penny.

17. PattieAM

PattieAM New Member

I use sheets/comforter as they are easier to wash in my washing machine.

18. JenP

JenP New Member

I hate sleeping bags. I always have to pee a couple of times a night and I hate struggling out of and back into the bag. And it always gets twisted. I'll only use a sleeping bag if it is really, really, super freezing. I don't even use a sleeping bag when I'm tenting, I use blankets above and below.

Jen

19. cksteele

cksteele now where did i put that hot dog

The wife and i have always used our 2 sleeping bags zipped together with a 6 inch memory foam topper under them. i have tried the sheet thing and never had any luck finding sheets that fit and didn't fall off.

20. Flowergal

Flowergal New Member

I had to chime in and say we are "sleeping baggers too". DH and I zipped two together and kids each have their own.
    I feel as if I do enough bed-making at home that I just want to throw the bags out and call it good.

We just came back from our maiden voyage in the new PUP and we LOVE every part of it! So excited for more adventures and thanks to all for the great info on here! I was browsing for ideas on making the beds more "comfy", foam topper vs, air mattress...and came across this thread. Too funny!

Happy camping..