Arizona State Park Star Party nights

Discussion in 'Astronomy / Star Gazing' started by Hoomi, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Aside from the discussion of a possible Star Party Rally, I found the schedule for Star Party Nights at the Arizona State Parks. Many of these parks have campgrounds, and the ones that we've stayed in so far have been nice. We're going to haul the P'up down to Kartchner Caverns the weekend of March 14th for that Star Party.

Visitors are welcome to bring their own telescopes as well, and if you want, they have a link to the person coordinating the Star Party so that you and your scope can be part of the organized event.

If you're looking for an excuse to get the P'up and your telescopes out, or just want to go somewhere to gaze at the sky through other telescopes, consider a visit to one or more of our beautiful Arizona State Parks.

2. maromeo

maromeo Member

We have attended several of the state sponsored star parties. We have always liked them. Enjoy Kartchner, we enjoy the park. Make sure if you plan on a cave tour you book it early. They sell out fast. Enjoy.

3. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

We did one of the cave tours back in August 2013, and very much enjoyed it.

That was our first visit to Kartchner Caverns SP, and we wondered why we had waited so long to get there!