Arvika Bike Racks

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by Ted S., Jul 21, 2012.

1. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

I have narrowed down our search for the perfect bike rack to a front camper mounted design by Arvika.

http://arvikaca.whc.ca/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=14&Itemid=4&lang=en

The particular model will mount on the front of our Niagara, and suspend the bikes over the propane tanks.

My TV is too high for a roof mount and so is the high walled PUP. I don't want to mount on the back of the PUP because I am concerned about the bumper, and I don't want to try the front of the TV. So this is it. The trouble is, I can't find a good dealer. I need to talk to them and get it worked out, know that it will fit and work, before I drop the coin.

Does anyone know who sells this product in the US?

Thanks

2. sydnisamsofi

sydnisamsofi New Member

if you do a dealer search there is one in Madison, WI and one in Ecurette? WA and maybe Lancaster CA? just search the dealers and choose USA and then scroll statesÂ…
    I wait to see what you find out they look awesome! :)

3. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

I have contacted the one in WI, left a message.

It might take some doing but I am convinced this is a good rack for my set up. I think it used to be called "Pop Top Rails"

I will post what I find out.

Thanks

4. jrclocks

jrclocks Member

Hi Ted,

I am towing a hi-wall Niagara with a Honda Pilot, also.

As you choose where to carry your bikes, consider the tongue weight on the Pilot. I discovered that our Niagara is very close to the max tongue weight and we carry our bikes on the roof of the Niagara. Moving them further forward over the propane tanks would increase the tongue weight.

Food for thought,
    JR

5. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

Thanks JR,

I thought about that, but we have a Weight Distribution System, so I believe I can compensate for it?

I hope so at least because I just dropped $900 on an Avika Rack from a dealer in WI.

I will post pictures, I hope it bolts up. It won't I am sure, I am sure I will need to cut or weld something.

6. jrclocks

jrclocks Member

Sounds like you have it under control.

Looking forward to your install photos

JR

7. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

So I ordered the rack from Dolney RV Center out of Kawkawlin, MI.

What a disaster. First the factory shipped it to them, then they put it on their shelves not realizing who's it was. So now we are supposed to get it one day before we leave on the biggest trip of the year. They don't even answer my phone calls about where it is, then they ship it ground. The least they could have done was ship it air after all their mistakes.

I don't know anything about the rack, but at least you know where NOT to buy the racks.

8. tribe5

tribe5 New Member

Very interested to see some pics of that setup when you get it installed.
    We also have a Niagara and not sure where to put the bikes....
    Seen many systems but having trouble deciding.

9. AMomInLove

AMomInLove New Member

We are getting the Arvika bike racks for our hybrid (a 3 bike rack)...they are made in Quebec -- easy for us to get in ON....have you emailed hte company from their website? They should be able to direct you to a dealer in US.

10. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

We received our rack the afternoon of the night before we left. I wasn't happy with the whole ordering thing, the dealer finally return my call a week after I left several messages. I guess that's a different story.

Anyway, a had to burn a slot through the propane tray on each side to get it to fit. Then we realized the girls frame, because it slopes down, can't be secured so we used zip ties for the one bike. Some parts were missing, no biggie, just some trim pieces. Well see if the dealer will get them for me.

It is very high quality and extremely light. I am happy with the rack, but figure after spending $901 for it, it should be the best thing since sliced bread. The best thing about it is the weight. If it weren't for that, I'd make my own.

I will post photos when we get back from our trip.

11. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

Any pics yet ????

12. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

We had the thing set up, it was pretty decent. Needs a few small mods to work with out bikes.

I am sorry but posting photos on this site is beyond me, I gave up a while ago.

PM me if you want some photos and I'll dig them up