As the snow melts...I buy stuff...

bmcilravey

Lovin' the pup!
Aug 13, 2012
I noticed that as spring inches ever nearer, we now have to start booking our camp sites 5 months out, so we are booking for July now with May and June already booked. Of course, I am now hitting department stores, RV shows etc starting to get ready for the new season (being in Canada, the pup is in hibernation til March!) which means.....buying lots of stuff!!!

So far I have bought all kinds of things for camping and for the pup. From solar panels to tea pots!!

Is it spring fever...pup fever?? Anyone else spending unnecessary amounts of money getting ready for the new season?

Of course...this now gets me back online and into the portal for all my questions!

skiball

Super Active Member
Oct 29, 2013
We had a TT for a couple years and we spent a lot of $$ on things we just couldn't live without - Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
We then bought the pup then sold the TT. We now spend $$ on things we just can't live without - Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
I guess we will buy things no matter if it's the off season or during camping season.
We too are booking sites now for Spring and Summer. It helps us get through the Winter.

lbcarr87

Super Active Member
Aug 29, 2009
I often use the off season to buy camping "stuff". this way when the season finally arrives I've got new stuff to break out while camping. This off season; however, I've been rummaging through the house looking at stuff we don't use anymore and have been trying to re-purpose some things for camping. If I can't come up with a purpose for it, out it goes. :)

Ryanincc

Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry
Dec 28, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
I actually just got a lecture from the wife for spending too much on the "stuff" lol. We just got our N2U pup, and I'll admit it too, I've gone a little crazy with "modding" it out. I'm at Camp Driveway now, and still have two weeks for our maiden voyage. I can't seem to put it back in the garage. Too Excited!

kennedyfamily

May 16, 2013
I just ordered my BAL leveler today!

We are in New England so I can only camp April-October. The months I am not camping I dream and plan for camping. I am holding off on the reservations because I need to firm up some of our travel plans and I am trying to pace myself. As it is I don't know if there any camping pins in all of Pinterest that I have not seen.

mainahman

All the worlds indeed a stage
Oct 2, 2009
I'm n New England too, and every trip to goodwill I manage to find something we "need" for camping.

elizabeth583

Oct 16, 2012
Heh, us too. The closer the first trip gets, the more urgent it seems to be to get things marked off on our want/need list.

bccamper

Jan 27, 2012
I actually wont buy a whole lot until we get the pup our for the first time in the spring and start putting stuff back into it and taking inventory of what we need. Then the spending begins :)

Genie2010

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2013
I have purchased a lot too! 2 New chairs, a new potty, 2 battery operated fan/light combos. Can't wait to camp!

carlmyatt

Nothing like the great outdoors
Jan 30, 2014
I go to all thrift stores ,yard sales,auctions and pick up all kinds of camping Items all winter long picking anything I can even if I don't need it and clean it up and fix what is broken even pick up boats ,tents stoves and lanterns if it sporting goods I stock pile it up ever spring I have big yard sale ever year we get bigger and better items makes for camping money been doing it for about 10 years now .even my kids do it they buy TT,motorhomes ,and fix them up and sell them come spring .

pandpcamper

Lifetime camper, newer to pup
Jun 25, 2012
I can think of all the things that I don't need!! To think that only a few years ago, we unpacked out little (big) box of tent camping gear into the PUP. That along with the stuff that our friends the POs left for us- the new microwave didn't stay in the PUP, but was given to friends who needed it. Now we have gradually added the more needed items and taken out the unnecessary. Just need a battery, charger and hopefully someday one of those grill rack holders that can set over fire with different hooks and racks that can be moved around.

froggie

Sep 2, 2012
My DDs know if we go in WalMart, dollar store, Lowe's, almost anywhere we have to look for camping stuff. It brings me closer to being there.

mainahman

All the worlds indeed a stage
Oct 2, 2009
I've now got my wife in on it! She brought home a full/queen size down alternative comforter for our bunk from the clearance bin at work. I've trained her well!

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
kennedyfamily said:
I just ordered my BAL leveler today!

We are in New England so I can only camp April-October. The months I am not camping I dream and plan for camping. I am holding off on the reservations because I need to firm up some of our travel plans and I am trying to pace myself. As it is I don't know if there any camping pins in all of Pinterest that I have not seen.

Ummmmm.....there's camping pins????? In Pinterest??? Really? I did not know this. [:D] Super excited now!

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Purchasing my replacement awning fabric this week ... Not something that was planned until our final trip last fall, let's just say I was 15 seconds slow ... should have skipped putting on the shoes ..

deanathpc

Aug 25, 2007
Western NY
Snow said:
Purchasing my replacement awning fabric this week ... Not something that was planned until our final trip last fall, let's just say I was 15 seconds slow ... should have skipped putting on the shoes ..

I too will be replacing awning items. And will always have proper run off angle set from here on out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2