Ashamed

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by James Rucker, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Eville Edna

Eville Edna Member

We bought our PUP last Spiring. We took it out 7 times last year and each time I decided to learn about a new thing; the heater on one trip, the fridge on another etc. It takes time to take it all in properly so I decided I would be deliberate.

About the current situation, I've already had my May camping dates cancelled, expecting the June ones to go any day (which is a pain because I FINALLY managed to get into this sweet warm lake front campground I've been trying for for years - grr) and the whole month of August booked travelling around the National Parks of Utah looks increasingly unlikely. First world problems in the big scheme of things, but aggravating all the same. My kids are little-ish now but I know at some point they're going to be too old to do the parks with their parents and I utterly dread that day, so it's not the non-travelling that hurts, its the year of their childhood that won't be as great as I had planned.

As I said, not meaning to whinge, these are definitely first world problems. We've got our health and are finding the isolation surprisingly bearable, but I would really like our year of planning to come through.

Stay safe, stay sane.

James Rucker likes this.
  2. James Rucker

James Rucker Active Member

No children us, but my parents used to take me out of school to go camping(and deer season, cutting firewood...), so I understand where your coming from. I've got most all the systems figured by now though. I'm lucky as I split firewood for a local campground, so on Friday they open for business. I get my own primitive site at the furthest point of the c/g from other campers not 40' from the edge of our lake here in NorCal.

Rik Peery and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. jackquontee

jackquontee Active Member

Oh, I will, and thank you for the encouragement.
    I typically camp where there are facilities available but would like to be knowledgeable about my own systems for when those times arise that I absolutely NEED them.

James Rucker likes this.
  4. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

[QUOTE="Eville Edna, post: 1332951, My kids are little-ish now but I know at some point they're going to be too old to do the parks with their parents and I utterly dread that day, [/QUOTE]
    That may not be true. Our now adult daughter asked to go out to Yellowstone with us the summer before her senior year of college. She wanted one last family trip before she was in the working world and wouldn't have as much time off. It was a great trip.

James Rucker likes this.
  5. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Well-Known Member

That may not be true. Our now adult daughter asked to go out to Yellowstone with us the summer before her senior year of college. She wanted one last family trip before she was in the working world and wouldn't have as much time off. It was a great trip.[/QUOTE]

i agree, you never know - my daughter wanted to go camping in yellowstone for her college graduation - it was a two week trip from maryland and we had the best time. she still makes sure to go on our week at the beach camping trip every year (even if she can't do the whole week).

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. James Rucker

James Rucker Active Member

i agree, you never know - my daughter wanted to go camping in yellowstone for her college graduation - it was a two week trip from maryland and we had the best time. she still makes sure to go on our week at the beach camping trip every year (even if she can't do the whole week).[/QUOTE]
    I think the camping bug,once hit, I think stays with you the rest of our lives. Me anyhow. Wouldn't have missed a family trip, now I get to make new memories while still cherishing those old times.