Atwoo Hydro Flame 7900 (Bad Board)

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by steppinthrax, Apr 20, 2014.

1. steppinthrax

steppinthrax Member

So we went camping this weekend. The gas furnace was working nice for the 2 nights. The last propane tank ran completely out and the furnace tried to fire. The blower came on and you could hear a clicking noise, but no gas. I cut off the furnace and replaced the empty tank with a full one. When trying the furnace again the blower would come on but would not do any clicking or the gas solenoid wouldn't open. I figured it must be some "lock-out" or some safety feature. I tried cutting the power for a few minutes and shutting on/off the circuit breaker within the furnace, still the furnace would not light. All the other gas appliances work!!!

I finally went home and pulled the furnace apart. I tested the gas solenoid, sail switch and other components. It appears power is getting to the control board, but the board is not sending out a spark or opening the control valves!!! So it seems my board is bad. I see boards online going for around 120!!!! Do you know if there is a cheaper alternative or maybe I'm missing something here!!!