Atwood Model 7916-11 Heater will not start.

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Charles, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Charles

Charles New Member

Good Morning, I have a 2011 Coleman E1 with the above heater. Since we are normally hooked up to power I just carry a small electric heater to provide the heat that we need, so I have only used the onboard heater a couple of times. I was off-road camper a few days ago and went to use the heater and it wouldn't start. I have a new battery so I figure it wasn't a power problem. There is a Off/Reset switch on the heater, which I found in the off position. Is that the correct position for that switch? Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated to get this heater working. Thank You.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Have you ever used it?

3. Charles

Charles New Member

I used it maybe twice in the time I have owned the popup......I brought a new thermostat and I finally got a red light on the control to start flashing, but no fan. So I pull the control board out and went down and tested the board and it was bad. After ten years and really never has been used, but the weather has that kind of effect on electronics......installed the new board and turned on the thermostat and I finally have heat.

4. Pooch

Pooch New Member

Turn the "Off" switch to Reset or On and and it should work.