August 2021 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davido

Super Active Member
Jul 17, 2014
Installed side mount weight distribution hitch chain brackets and set up a new weight distribution hitch. Installed a sway control bar. Added vent screens to keep insects out of vents for the fridge, water heater, and furnace. Bought a 30A Shore Power extension cord. New collapsible laundry and trash baskets. Added a larger transmission cooler for the tow vehicle (low mileage 95 Bronco XLT 5.8L)

SDK

Jul 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Just finished two projects.

Installed a 4 level shelf system to hold each family members personal bag. I also noticed it was the perfect spot to stick a roll of paper towels.

40A09C4C-D456-46C9-BFD3-90B04AC5A679.jpeg

Then finished up with a shelving unit for over the kitchen sink. It has drop down storage for dishes and a set of hooks along one side.
EA00630F-8956-445F-A0A5-1271AD9C7ABC.jpeg 61E68513-6C78-464D-9006-2DAFACC76DE2.jpeg

Both systems are held securely in place without any drilling or modifying of the camper itself. I do not like adding holes or anything else that might become a weak point or leak in the future.

Last edited:

Chad Bonnema

Aug 22, 2020
MI
Used it!

Just got back from a 4255 mile road trip with our pup. We went from Michigan to:

Mitchell, SD (Corn Palace)
The Badlands
Custer State Park
Mount Rushmore
Yellowstone
The Grand Tetons
Bozeman, MT
Cheyenne, WY (Cheyenne Frontier Days)
Grand Island, NE

and back home to Michigan.

The best thing you can do for your pup is use it to create wonderful family memories. That we did!

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Packing for our trip that begins tomorrow. When I took some things to the trailer yesterday, I discovered that the funky smell I noticed was a stove burner that had been accidentally turned on ever so slightly. The LP/CO detector had not gone off, with 2 roof vents open, one with a fan running, and two fans running inside, I guess the LP disbursed and was pulled out enough that the detector at floor level didn't go off. I thought I'd smelled something odd yesterday morning, near the trailer, but blamed it on the datura and didn't go inside. My sense of smell has been somewhat damaged by years of sinus infections, and LP is one thing that it difficult for me to identify, as well as hard to locate where it is coming from.
One LP tank was empty, it had been used on a couple of trips. The auto change-over had flipped, but it must have not been that way for long, since not much is gone from the second tank.
The weather was deteriorating as we dealt with that, and it began to rumble, so we quit for the evening. I discovered that we'd left the a/c on, usually we only run it when working in there - it was 97* inside when I started to work yesterday, so I'd put it one. The fan is on 24/7 during the warmer parts of the summer. It was humid enough this morning that the a/c condensate was running down the side of the trailer, so good confirmation that the drain system still works. It's usually so dry we don't have enough condensation to check that out.

Camping Party of 2

Nov 4, 2020
NC
We dont use the sink inside the pup, we have a fish table setup that drains to a 5 gal bucket that we take to the dump station when needed.
So when we are at a site that has sewer hookup I made a drain bucket that has a valve connected to a hose to run to the sewer connection.
upload_2021-8-6_9-41-51.png upload_2021-8-6_9-42-35.png

Attachments

• 20210806_094547_resized.jpg
    20210806_094547_resized.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Rocket Don

Jul 5, 2019
North Carolina, US
Just finished two projects.

Installed a 4 level shelf system to hold each family members personal bag. I also noticed it was the perfect spot to stick a roll of paper towels.

View attachment 77437

Then finished up with a shelving unit for over the kitchen sink. It has drop down storage for dishes and a set of hooks along one side.
View attachment 77438 View attachment 77439

Both systems are held securely in place without any drilling or modifying of the camper itself. I do not like adding holes or anything else that might become a weak point or leak in the future.

Where does that set-up reside when you are traveling?

RCmom

Jun 19, 2021
New Jersey
Vacuumed and mopped the floor, vacuumed upholstery and bunks. Cleaned the AC filters. Wiped counters. Repacked linens and towels, restocked paper products, hand soap and a new dish sponge. Organized the one stoage area that gets really messy (where I keep hank crank, folding step stool, etc).

Made a menu plan for next week's adventure with my 15 yo and her BFF. Completed contactless check in paperwork and printed my parking pass.

All thats left is a load of laundry and packing clothes. Time for a cold one on the patio.

SDK

Jul 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Where does that set-up reside when you are traveling?

The shelving unit for bags lays fully assembled in the walkway between my couch and table. There is a tension rod going up the back side of it that also fits without taking anything apart.

The over the sink shelves just come apart into two shelves, and two posts with the brackets attached. It all lays flat between my couch cushions and pops back together in minutes with no tools…

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
We went camping last weekend. It was awesome.

Tomorrow early morning when it’s still cooler than 100° degrees, I’ll go inside KODI and deep clean the interior. Vacuuming, mopping, sanitize and clean surfaces. Scrub down the restroom, shower, shower walls, wipe inside the fridge and around the kitchen. DH was able to connect the Bose Bluetooth speaker to the TV for better sound by adding a Bluetooth transmitter to the 12 volt RV LED TV yesterday. We have a Furion RV radio with indoor and outdoor speakers. It’s ok but doesn’t connect easily at times to the TV. The Bose sounds better. DH added a cover to the awning to help protect against stains. Remove our unused clothing from the last trip. And finally, I need to grease the toilet seal for protection.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

generok

Super Active Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
So, this is my Sunday return home situation:

20210808_162615.jpg

Now, I'm not a licensed engineer, but I think that brake shoe material should be attached to something!

We drove home in the pouring rain, and we were a few mile from home driving through town and I heard a squeal and told my wife we had a wheel lock up. I pulled over while cycling the brake controller and it went away. I felt the hubs, no heat, so I thought maybe just got some road spray or something. Got home and backed on to my gravel pad and I heard/felt it lock up again, but as it was going to final position.

Anyway, pulled it apart, and sure enough, that's not good. Luckily a new plate is available locally, and I can throw a new one on tomorrow after work. Also luckily, it is on the canopy side, so I put out the canopy and am able to not get wet out there.

Fun stuff! Lucky it didn't happen 200 miles from home!

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We’re out camping, with smoky skies (so sad for all the wildfires in many places). Still, we were surrounded by smoking campfires last evening.
The tiny drip we’ve had for years when the fresh tank was full has gotten worse. We had a bad plastic weld, repaired under warranty, but there was always this small drip. When I topped off the fresh tank yesterday morning, it took more than we expected. Looking underneath the trailer, we can see where the leak has run down the side of the tank, which it has not done before. Something to add to the list for next month’s annual inspection and maintenance at the dealer.

Since I picked up our new to us 2013 Jayco Jay 1206, the last week of July, I’ve cleaned, painted the interior, recovered the cushions made new curtains, ordered new faucet, water supply hose, repaired tears in vinyl canvas. This week it’ll be repacking bearings, checking brakes, installing new faucet, converting lights to LED, figuring out if battery is dead or Inverter is wonky. The maiden voyage with our family is in 12 days! ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.