awning and furnace Q? for 1999 Coleman Fleetwood

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by FFPAKK, Mar 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. FFPAKK

FFPAKK New Member

HI--
    We have a Coleman Fleetwood 1999 PU and Just remodeled it last year. We love it. 2 questions. The furnace is going out (screeching SUPER loud at times)--but still produces good heat. Anyone know how to fix that? Do I need to replace the entire furnace? is there a way to take it apart?
    Also, our awning bag---that holds the awning for travel/storage--is basically destroyed. The awning is fine. Anyone know were to get that somehow replaced? OR--has anyone attached a different awning to the camper? I don't mind replacing it with something different but I need suggestions on what and how?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The screeching is the blower motor .......... Oiling the motor bearing and working the shaft in and out usually quite the screech.Use an oil for machines like 3 in 1. Not WD40.
    Bear Creek use to make awning bags at a good price.

FFPAKK and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

See about marine/sail shops or awning (like the stationary ones on buildings) shops for the bag. You can stick most bag awnings onto the rail but just a bag might be cheaper.

4. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

I 2nd the oiling of the bearing on the blower motor.

I'm about to get a new awning bag made for mine. I have the awning off the Pup and am taking it over to the guy. He will take the bag off the awning, make a new bag, also make it slightly bigger than whats on there now because its been so tight to be able to zip it up. The new bag will have a #10 zipper and made out of 18oz vinyl. All places that I called about this said that 'Sunbrella' is not the way to go on this. $200. This is at a small local upholstery place near by.

FFPAKK likes this.
  5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Use regular motor oil. Will work better and not evaporate as fast. Otherwisr this is the first thing i would try.

FFPAKK likes this.
  6. FFPAKK

FFPAKK New Member

Wow! Thanks for your responses. How easy is it to dissemble the furnace? I would prefer to do this myself if possible.
    Thanks also for the awning suggestions. I will try to see if I can get a new bag made--that seems like the best option. Has anyone ever attached a different awning to their Pup?

7. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I picked up some oil designed for fan bearings to refurbish a roadside rescue table fan. I think it was called “Liquid Bearings” or something like that. Did an excellent job for that, and I would have no hesitation using it on any other fan bearings.

I don’t think Bear Creek makes canvas bags anymore - it has come up often in the multiple threads that have been posted over the last year on this very issue. Best bet is to call some local sail places, they should be able to fabricate a new bag with new zippers and a keder strip.

Kaytayqt likes this.