Awning up!

Pigeonkc

May 15, 2018
Long Beach california
288EFF2F-D5DF-4547-8035-67902EE0964E.jpeg I am not trying to hijack the conversation. Had a question for you guys. Anyone know a good “carefree Colorado” awning dealer. I need some parts to fix mine and I can’t find a dealer. My next step is to make the items, and that seems time consuming.

Cozart77

Aug 10, 2019
Now I like my Dometic even more! All poles are attached to the awning. Unroll awning, extend poles into place, and stake it to the ground. Most trips I zip on the screen room also.

See you have the same awning brand as we do. Just a random question, have you ever had to buy replacement parts for it? We are missing one of the vertical poles and are having a hard time finding them for purchase

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
See you have the same awning brand as we do. Just a random question, have you ever had to buy replacement parts for it? We are missing one of the vertical poles and are having a hard time finding them for purchase
I have no idea on parts. If it's the same as mine I don't see how a pole could be missing unless something broke. My pole, both vertical and horizontal are attached to the main beam of the awning. They all fold into slots in the beam for storage.

Toedtoes

Super Active Member
May 28, 2018
California
I've only used my awning once, but find it pretty simple to set up once you know which poles go where. I intend on using at the ocean as there is no shade at the campsites.

I did get 6ft bungie cords for tethering instead of using rope. The cords are thick so easy to see (and I have reflective tape to add to them). I can tether them to the bumper or tent stakes.

I have an ez up, but never take it. Just one extra thing to mess around with. Normally I just move my chair with the shade during the day.

gardenbliss

Super Active Member
Dec 9, 2013
San Diego
I'm the oddball and say take the awning off and throw it in the dumpster. Get an EZ-Up and enjoy it.
I must be a fellow oddball because I also took that darn awning off, too much of a hassle. I have an easy up screen tent that I love, and it keeps the bugs out.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
I want an add-a-room, once I get the awning bag issue fixed. Maybe I'm the oddball.
We have a Dometic screen room with curtains, it's well worth the small amount of hassle to put it up. Getting from the camper to the screen room without getting a drop of rain on you is great. We have a stand alone screen room, but it hasn't been on a single trip since getting the one that attaches to the PUP. Ours is 7'X11' and serves as a cooking area and sitting area.