Axle upgrade...

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Lucy FJ55, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

I am rebuilding my pop up and will be lifting it with new leaf springs, larger tires, beefier axle, and I'll be adding shocks also...

I am planning to swap out my axle for one that will handle more weight and off-road situations. I've decided to get a 3500 lb. axle probably with elec. brakes.

My questions is: Where should I purchase my axle from? Any recommendations?

Check out my build thread here: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=51875.0

2. Thom

Thom New Member

3. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

4. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Thanks for the advice folks! I have been researching more and found exactly what I'd like online. Now I'm gonna search for a local source...

I'll let ya'all know what I end up with! [:D]

5. Thom

Thom New Member

Just found out about Six Robblees. They are in the Pacific NW and they supply most of the axles for RV manufacturers. At least that's what the guys at the fabrication shop down the road told me. They have 3 locations in Oregon

[​IMG]

6. robinsonfam1

robinsonfam1 New Member

ordering directly from dexter is usually the cheapest and best option. i do recall when i was looking for new axle that northern and local places it was going to be well over $1000. when i called dexter: they were going to build me a custom axle to my specs, and have it shipped to me with 7-10 days for something like $6-700. hubs and all, ready to mount.

7. robinsonfam1

robinsonfam1 New Member