Back from our first camping trip of the season!

hometownhiker

Oct 17, 2009
Franklin, NC
We had a great time this past weekend with about 4000 of our best friends at Suwannee Springfest near Live Oak, Florida. It was so great to get the little PUP cranked up and in camping mode. The weather was great, the festivarians were festive, and the music was rockin'. Black Betty and I were digging every minute of it!
Here's my blog with the trip report, if you are interested
http://hometownhiker.blogspot.com/2010/03/suwannee-springfest-2010-report.html

Big Dawg

Jul 25, 2007
I have been dying to get out camping. This coming weekend would be a great time to go here, but we have easter plans at church and with family. Glad you were able to get the season started and had a good time.

GrizzlyGirl

Too many to count!
Mar 19, 2010
Sooooo jealous. We've been having great weather here and the snow's almost gone. Yeah! But none of the CG's within a reasonable distance open until May 21st. Weekend weather projection, mid-high teens (I guess that's about 57 - 68 degrees farenheight) and [SUN]. So it might be Camp Driveway, I think it's supposed to stay fairly warm through the night. Again, soooo jealous. I would do anything to go camping!

hometownhiker

Oct 17, 2009
Franklin, NC
Looks like it's going to work out to go again this weekend. Another bluegrass festival, this time in NW Georgia. I'll report back if I get the chance!

thaines

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"
Mar 21, 2009
Grizzlygirl - am with ya - happy for them but jealous. We, too, have to wait until May long weekend! But the camping reservation system opens up at 7:30 Monday morning and I have already warned work that I will be in late as I have to book my summer camping [LOL].....no seriously [:D]