Back on site after hiatus

armyguy

US [USA]
Dec 6, 2004
Asheville NC
Hey PUP,
Wow it has been a while since I was an active member, about 2 years. Of course I joined PUP ( Date Registered: December 06, 2004, 12:55:18 PM) a long time ago. I am curious how many original members are still active on here, or have moved on from pop ups. We still have ours and enjoy it quite frequently. In fact next week we are heading down to St Andrews SP in PCB Fl for a week. I look forward to meeting the new members.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Welcome back.
I'm not an original member, having joined at the end of Dec. 2009. I joined as we were renovating our first pup. After 2 full seasons in that teeny-tiny pup (6', one bunk), we moved on to a slightly larger one (8", 2 bunks). My back and other issues forced us to move to a TT almost 2 years ago. ( I just realized that our last trip with the pup - when we found I could no longer handle all the aspects of it - was to Arches, Labor Day week 2014, and we'll be there with the TT next week.) They still let me participate here and at the Rallies.

Fleetwood Max

Aug 14, 2005
St Louis. Mo
Welcome back,
I don't know when the original site happened.. but I have been a member since Aug 2005. In I think 2006 someone asked " Any one from Missouri ". Well with that we started a camping club and was posting here until a certain someone chewed us out.. And it wasn't the OP of this site.. Any way, we had about 30 members and got together often to go camping. Trouble was only about 3 couples were making all the decisions, and that caused trouble.. since then there has been at least a 3 way split with hard feelings. The original group is still together and we camp often. No idea what some of the others have done.. We went through our popup to a Hybrid, then to a TT, and now have a second TT..I just like this site and most of the folks here. you got to take the bad with the good..and there has been some really good folks here, with great advice...One of the first guys I talked to was I believe from Colo. but ended up with cancer and passed on.. Don't remember his name but he and another who is from Canada, but has since left this site were packed full of information and ideas. I had more posts but lost them when the Missouri board got deleted..and I try not to post what others have already posted.. Couple times of the same thing is good enough.. Any way I best shut it before I get deleted.. enjoy..

armyguy

US [USA]
Dec 6, 2004
Asheville NC
Fleetwood Max said:
Welcome back,
I don't know when the original site happened.. but I have been a member since Aug 2005. In I think 2006 someone asked " Any one from Missouri ". Well with that we started a camping club and was posting here until a certain someone chewed us out.. And it wasn't the OP of this site.. Any way, we had about 30 members and got together often to go camping. Trouble was only about 3 couples were making all the decisions, and that caused trouble.. since then there has been at least a 3 way split with hard feelings. The original group is still together and we camp often. No idea what some of the others have done.. We went through our popup to a Hybrid, then to a TT, and now have a second TT..I just like this site and most of the folks here. you got to take the bad with the good..and there has been some really good folks here, with great advice...One of the first guys I talked to was I believe from Colo. but ended up with cancer and passed on.. Don't remember his name but he and another who is from Canada, but has since left this site were packed full of information and ideas. I had more posts but lost them when the Missouri board got deleted..and I try not to post what others have already posted.. Couple times of the same thing is good enough.. Any way I best shut it before I get deleted.. enjoy..

I remember you, hard not to with the name lol. yes I remember the gentleman from Colorado and did see he passed.

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
I joined in 2010, so I guess I'm a newbee as well.

I do however, remember seeing your name flying around on various threads. Good to see you back, and that you haven't gone to the darkside. Props on that.

armyguy

US [USA]
Dec 6, 2004
Asheville NC
Thanks Wrenchgear, we tossed about the idea of the darkside, but opted to keep the PUC and got a boat [:D] got to have a boat here in Charleston.