1. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Member

Does anyone know of an aftermarket lumbar support product that be used to give lower back support when sitting on seats in popup ? 65 with a lot of arthritis and back damage and can never get comfortable while sitting on goucho or dining seats. Mainly an issue when weather forces me inside and it is too early for bed.
    Thanks

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

3. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Member

Thanks . I will look . They ( foam support ) need to go up from lower back to neck . Will invesigate further. Thanks for time and response.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Back support has been one of the issues that's followed me from tenting days, through both popups and into our travel trailer. In both popups, the dinette back was against the outside walls, so was canvas above the edge of the "box", so not much support. If the seat is against the canvas wall (ours were low wall pups), you almost need something like a stadium seat becasue the canvas flexes.
    In the tents, I used a Crazy Creek Chair, but that required active leaning back to get support from the back section.
    In the second popup, we used a folding table instead of the (heavy) one. That allowed me to move it out of the way and use a good folding chair on some evenings when stuck inside.
    I'm actually doing pretty well in the TT, my seat had an outside wall on one side, the bathroom wall on the other and a firm back, so with a bunch of good pillows, I can have support for arms and back.
    One think I've found through years of back, neck, and shoulder issues is that not all support products work for me, which is frustrating.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I use the back supports from Lowes (etc) but that only covers the lower back but works ok for me
    when I need the extra help.

6. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Member

7. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Member

Thank so much. You brought up something that I have not thought us: stadium seat. I have one . May give it a try. Thanks again for your insight.

kitphantom likes this.
  8. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

I think that back supports would be a very personal fitting issue. I use one of the kind that you put on a kitchen chair and strap on. Getting it to stay in place isn't super easy, but not impossible.

9. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Member

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

My back issues is mainly up in my neck shoulder area and have to use a special pillow to sleep. I sometimes bring a small neck pillow if I find I need more support under the neck.
    I use them as a lumbar pillow when I sit at the couch. Although truth be told even with that pillow the couch is just too uncomfortable to sit longer than an hour or so. I often find the only way to be comfortable is to sit up straight like a teacher is shoving her pen in your lower back and shoulders back. My couch side butts up against the wall if the bunk end so found I can lounge in that corner with my pillows a little easier just can't exactly do that if you need to entertain.

11. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Ah, proper posture. If I had listened I may not be plagued with back problems. Then again Mom says "if" a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt on the ground.