Back to nature

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Backtonature, Nov 22, 2019.

1. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

2. Backtonature

Backtonature Active Member

Well, Thank you so much!!

3. Backtonature

Update!
    I did order the ac replacement gasket. I removed the ac unit and installed the gasket per the instructions of AIRXCEL.
    The roof has not leaked since this repair [:D] and it has been raining her in GA on and off for a few weeks now.

My wife and I are now getting closer to our first camping trip together (my wife has never been camping, however i have camped many times before we met each other). My wife is so excited! about going camping (she never was excited about the many hot rods I built over the years) and it makes me happy to see her be really interested in this camper. I'm watching her out of the corner of my eye sometimes and see her searching online for ideas on what other folks have done with their pup, so she can put her personal touches on this one [:D].

We now have hobby that we can share together and she will have just as much fun working on her first pup camper as I did building my first engine! [:D]

Tom Jordan likes this.
  4. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

Welcome from the bottom of the GA mountains! Sounds like you've got things well under way, and the camper looks almost brand new from your pic. Tell your wife to check out Popup Princess; she has a ton of great ideas.

You need to set up one of your hotrods to tow the PUP. :D

5. Backtonature

Thank you! So your at the bottom of the GA mountains? What area?
    Yes, trying to get things under control for the first camp trip. The camper is in good condition, however with any camper with age.. I’m doing some much needed maintenance to it.

my wife has read about many things that the pop up princess has on her website. I’m amazed how all the things she has done to their pup and how down to earth
    she seems to be.

I no longer have any more hot rods at the moment.. and are unsure if I want to spend the cash to build another one.. they are so expensive to build and a decent body these days are a major cost thanks to all the tv hot rod building shows

FARfetched likes this.
  6. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

If your wife has never been camping may I suggest camp driveway at first.

7. Backtonature

We have thought about that and it's a good idea, however I want her to have a real first experience. My wife has ensured me that she will enjoy it..

We have secured a campsite at the F.D. Roosevelt Stake Park in Pine Mountain, GA only about 55 miles from our residence.
    I have taken her driving through that camping area several times over the years and I would say "maybe one day we'll camp here some day" well that day will be coming soon[:D]

8. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

Pretty close to Amicalola Falls. Lots of campgrounds around Lake Lanier, maybe half an hour from FAR Manor, but they're all dry camping… so I'm working on rigging battery power. Lots of other places less than 2 hours away, too.

9. Backtonature

I know your area and it’s beautiful up there.
    Lake Lanier does have a lot of camping areas around there, however the lake has become of less interest to me. We love the Smokey Mountains and will be going there for some camping in the spring

FARfetched likes this.