Backing up a camper

Discussion in 'PopUpPortal TV' started by PopUpSteve, Jan 19, 2019.

1. AlexVanEks

AlexVanEks Member

That guy was amazing but I do see where being a pro would come in handy lol.

I've driven a lot of forklift/tow motor and admittedly have a brass pair when backing up. I'm planning on taking Belle up to an old abandoned shopping center that has a nice flat parking lot and take some green Menard's buckets and practice maneuvers until I can do it in my sleep. May even go back and do it again at night cause it's abyssal black there and it will be a darn good challenge.

[PUC][TV]

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

and if you have a stick shift its more challenging, so on my Jeep Liberty I use 4WDlow-range for the short distance involved IF the situation is "tight". This trick continues to produce good results, as recently as 3 days ago. And it does not break my Jeep's transmission.

3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Let’s face it. Backing in sometimes—often?—becomes a spectator sport:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    neighbormike likes this.
  4. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

Just go slow when backing, The biggest mistake is over turning the wheel. As men we get frustrated easy and over correct. My wife takes it nice and slow and can put a trailer in any spot even better then me. I would never tell her that but she is really good. Lol

Strawhouse and neighbormike like this.