Backyard pics of our new Rockwood Premier 2514G

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by boondoggle, Feb 12, 2015.

1. boondoggle

boondoggle New Member

In late January my wife and I finally succumbed to our desire to get a Pop Up. Instead of getting a used one like we'd planned we got a little crazy and went for a new one. Once we saw the spacious floorpan on this one we really fell in love with it.

Our little boy is just turning 5 this coming April and we figure we'll be using this thing for at least the next 10 years so over the long run, getting new should be worthwhile. I've got enough projects around our 100 year old house - which is fine - but wanted to minimize the work we'd have to put into our camper.

Anyways, it got up into the 70's here in Denver last weekend so we pulled it out of the carport just enough to pop it up and spend the night. Got down to around 39 overnight but that propane heater did a great job of heating things up.

Overall it seems to be pretty well put together. I noticed one corner of the stove wasn't clamped on the galley properly so took care of that.

Here is a link to some pictures. Haven't figured out the best way to post pics here on the portal - haven't tried before. Getting late though so will figure that out another night.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79261483@N08/sets/72157650362016330/

2. Wayne In Florida

Wayne In Florida Member

Very nice..... Enjoy

3. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

I have a 2007 and I love it, just wish it was a little lighter on the tongue. I see Forrest River cut a spot for a WDH. Enjoy it and have fun camping!!

--Rob--

4. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Great looking rig. We love ours too. It is a great floor plan. Did yours only come with one propane tank?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

5. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Very nice looking pup. Looks like you son has already moved his toys in. Enjoy.

6. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

That is a nice model. Ours is the 2318G and this has those extra enhancements that you can get excited about.
    Does it come std w the power cut off switch? and you have room for two batteries if you want to add them. and yes you might want to look into WDH, it makes a difference.

7. 4campers+g-kids

4campers+g-kids Member

Nice, big and roomy. You should enjoy it for years.

To post a pic here copy the direct link from Flickr then paste it here in your post. Highlight it then click on the Insert Image icon above. (2nd row, 1st icon) Also if you delete the pic from Flickr it will disappear here too.

8. boondoggle

boondoggle New Member

Couldn't modify my original post so posting some thumbnails of some of the pics here in the thread.

I am definitely going to get a WDH. Probably going to go with an Andersen Hitch. I like the simplicity and small size. They get good reviews. Seems easy and straightforward to setup. They're a little pricey but it's a safety issue. And all decent WDHs are in the same price range. Plus, I've got a couple of Amazon gift cards as incentives for work, plus the local Safeway gas station often offers 4x gas point for gift card purchases Up to $1 off per gallon. So, for big purchases that can really help with a fill up. And... if you use a cash back credit card to get the Amazon gift card you get a little cash back (then just pay off the credit card balance). Gotta play it smart with that stuff. :)

Yes, it only came with one Propane tank. Looking at the rectangular cutouts for the WDH I think if I had duals installed they may cover those holes. Thinking about upgrading to a larger tank if that becomes an issue down the road.

Not sure what you mean by the Power Cutoff Switch. We do have a switch just inside the front door, next to the fire extinguisher, that cuts of the 12V power to the lights, radio etc.

Speaking of 12v. Has anyone added a good 12v Battery Meter? This one is sweet: https://teambmpro.com/au/bms-001.html but it's $220 American! Yeow. Not in my price range. The only others I see are the cheap little LEDs that just give a readout of the current charge capacity. Sufficient for the job at hand, just wondering if there's anything in between.

Also planning to get some Aero2 Mirrors. The 4Runner is great but would be nice to have a little better view of what's going on back there. :)

First big maiden voyage scheduled for June 5-11 to Yellowstone. Thinking maybe I'll want to practive driving it a bit before the long voyage. But it should be one heck of a way to get a feel for it. :)

[​IMG]Untitled by turnnow, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79261483@N08/sets/72157650362016330/
    [/quote]

9. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

Nice going! :)

Enjoy your camper and camping!

10. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Really nice Boondoggle. Your son will cherish the memories.

11. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

I can not wait for the warm weather to come to New England.

You have a great looking unit. I am sure you and your family will love it.

Vin.

12. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

You will know where the boys will be hanging out!

13. popuppartyof5

popuppartyof5 Are we having fun yet???

Very nice!!!
    [:D]

14. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

They must have stopped supplying two propane tanks with the trailer. Strange. Two have been nice because they get me through the season. Not sure about the wdh. I an not supposed to have one on my tv.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

15. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

That is one sweet pup, love all the finishes...especially the flooring. Congratulations! Happy Camping!

16. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

Very nice setup! I have the Aero2 mirrors and they are great for those blind spots that you can't see with your regular side view mirrors. They barely shake as you are driving down the road.

17. catseye

catseye all I remember is dirt...sky...dirt...ambulance

How cool! I think you'll get great memories that your son will always remember. ours do, and they were about that age. You were smart in getting a new one, not only for the carefree aspect, but all the newest features as well. A 100 yr old home is quite enough. lol.

18. elizabeth583

elizabeth583 Member

Wow, great looking trailer. Love the layout. Enjoy the family camping time!

19. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Very nice looking rig.

It seems one LP tank is often standard as original equipment. On our Cobalt, we added a second tank and auto-changeover. Nice, but the second tank will add to tongue weight - not an issue for us and knowing we had enough LP if the weather got colder than expected was great. We planned on needing to add a second tank to the TT, but that and the auto-changeover was one of the standard "options" the dealer seems to add to these TTs.

We did not have a 12v outlet, so DH added that, for a number of uses. We bought a plug-in meter to monitor the battery (handy, since we can use it to check the vehicles and in the new TT):
    http://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3721-Battery-Charging-Monitor/dp/B000EVWDU0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424011816&sr=8-3&keywords=plug+in+12+v+meter

Others have wired in a meter, does not seem to me they were as pricey as the one you found.

20. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

"Cheap" LED was about all I needed. Just wanted to press the switch to get my voltage status update. I don't need any more than that so I cut these in.

[​IMG]