Bal leveler failure

Discussion in 'Stabilizing Your Camper' started by P8ntballer, Oct 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. P8ntballer

P8ntballer New Member

Has anyone experienced thread failure on a BAL Leveler before?
    Last trip out I went to use it and found that the treads on the rod and the receiver were stripped to the point of failure. I’ve only had to use this item a couple of times and have been really happy with it to this point.
    Looking for some guidance before contacting the company about this product. It is only lifting a 2006 Fleetwood Sun Valley so should be well within the limits of the product.

2. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I have heard of this happening if the screw is not lubricated, you need to keep a thin layer of grease on the screw threads. I've cleaned and regreased mine when I notice a build up of dust and sand on the threads.

Do contact BAL about the issue, especially if it's relatively new.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Yes contact the people who make it.. they will send you all the parts .. my old bal was rebuilt about 3 times by the various previous owners.. I was the 5th owner of it and passed it along when we sold our pup..

4. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

I had it happen to me when it was all the way up. It would have been awkward if i could not crank it down. I carried a spare rod after that but I worried it would get stuck. After 15,000 miles with the BAL, I switched over to just using LYNX levelers and chocks for the next 25,000 miles. hoffsalinertravels.net

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

BAL will make it all better for you. Most likely ship you a new, complete unit.
    Phone: 877-557-7788
    https://balrvproducts.com/

6. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

I’ve had my BAL as long as the camper and other than replacing the wrench I’ve had no problems. I have the screw greased and I keep pipe insulation on it at all times. In storage and when in use. I have multiple sizes of pipe insulation kept in the pizza bag and put them on as soon as I have it up.