Votes: 88 9.0%
  • I made my own

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • No, but I use to own a BAL Leveler

Votes: 3 0.3%

• Total voters

bjjohnstone

Sep 1, 2009
Love our BAL leveler! As a woman who often has to set up the campsite alone, this thing is a life saver. Makes leveling incredibly easy and fast. Wouldn't have heard about it if not for this forum. We bought it this spring on Amazon for around $55 plus shipping. We keep it in an old pizza delivery bag just inside the camper door. (My son owns a pizza shop!) It's the first thing out when we get to the campsite.

Full Circle

Greely, Ontario, Canada
Apr 4, 2009
Greely, Ontario
I can't believe i missed this post?!?! [?:~{] Yes, i use it every trip. I actually haven't pulled into a "level" site yet, and i have the portal to thank for enlightening me.

Gummer

Greg and Brenda
Jul 18, 2010
Just went and bought one today while out looking at other campers. Have'nt used it yet but will in afew weeks hopefully.

EastBeast

NO soup for you!
Jul 20, 2010
mschepac said:
It's on it's way from sportsmansguide.com!! Got the shipping confirmation today!
ms

Definitely a recommendation for Sportsman's $54.97 + $10.49 ship. It was here in a couple of days! Almost HALF the cost of the nearest dealer.

But I see today...
WX2-74076 - BAL® Light Trailer Tire Leveler
Sorry, item is sold out. [:(]

gixer

Mar 21, 2011
krh1130 said:
It's the best thing I never knew I needed until I found this site. :) Ours is homemade and I am so HAPPY that we have it. Just makes things easy!!!! [;)] [SUN]

Do you have any pictures or info on how you made one?
I have not seen one just pictures,
Thanks

buggvin

Apr 14, 2007
I just bought two off of Craigslist last night... Got them both for $50 total... The tire plate was borken off at the welds on one side, but my dad is a welder and is repairing it and adding a couple of extra welds.

I only need one, but couldn't pass up the price... Hopefully I can sell one to one of the popup owners I know and get some of my money back, and still save them money on one!

RonB

Jun 8, 2011
Been using simple 2x8 strips for 30 years, on everything from popups to 5th wheels, and have no intention of buy BAL or even the pretty little orange blocks.

huizarr

Nov 19, 2009
Used a BAL on my previous Starcraft, it worked well.

Our Rockwood has a double axle so I included the BAL when I sold the Starcraft.

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
I bought my BAL Leveler last year after taking me 15 minutes to get the pup on the wood blocks on a rocky remote camping site. I do most of my camping in the mountains of NM and CO and it is always a dispersed camping area or a NF campround that where designed for tent camping. I now eyeball it to a level spot push the BAL Leveler in whatever side is low then push the BAL single axle chocks on the opposite side. Level side to side then front to back. I also use a solid jack foot. With all of these the pup does not wiggle even in strong winds. I also do not have to worry about the pup rolling on some of the steep inclines.
Best money I have ever spent.

kirkdavidson

Jul 2, 2011
I bought a used BAL a few months ago after I bought my first PUP ('91 Coleman Chesapeake, used of course). I used is once (worked great), but the hex cap on top of the bolt came off! Has anyone else had this problem? I would LOVE to get this fixed so I can use my BAL again.

rabird

Howdy!
Mar 3, 2006
N. TX
Contact 'em

They will send replacement parts to your front door for free

BAL R.V. Products Group
2600 Jeanwood Drive
Elkhart, IN 46514

PHONE: 800-347-2232

Loving life

Sep 30, 2010
I took your advise and bought a BAL. Finally got to use it last weekend and I just want to say THANK YOU!! If it wern't for this site and you fine folks, I probably would have never know about this little guy. This is the best tool; it levels perfectly and quickly and gives the PUP extra stability. I throw 2 chocks around the opposite tire and we're good. Oh, I took some more advise and asked a pizza boy if they had an old pizza bag they wern't using. He dug around until he found one [:D] . Now my BAL has a nice home.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Glad to know it worked out for you so well. Yup, the BAL Leveler is in the top 5 must have items for PopUp camping in my book.

aeisbren

Apr 8, 2010
I read in an earlier post that one member had tortion axles, I have those as well in my Palomino Mustang. The comment was that they believed that a BAL wouldn't work well with that, only on axlss using leaf springs. Is this a real concern? I don't want to go buy one if it wouldn't work or might damage my set up.

Thanks

ACOE