BAL Lock Arm Stabilizer

Discussion in 'Stabilizing Your Camper' started by niagarafam, Oct 29, 2016.

1. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

We are going to purchase BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizers for our TT. The BAL tandem wheel chocks have greatly minimized the front to back movement, but the front and rear both move side to side. We are thinking one set for the rear and one for the front, and then we will see where we are. So far, we have the slide out, the steps, and the wheels stabilized, but we are obviously not done.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

From what I have read on other sites (trailer brand specific) they seem to help. The amount they helped varied from one user to another and trailer to trailer..

3. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo New Member

How "stable" do you expect a RV to be? You can't pour a concrete foundation every place you camp. [:D] Maybe you should set up the camper, have somebody move around inside, while you watch the frame closely. Bet you will see that a lot of the movement is from flex of the frame. If so, no matter what you do between ground/frame at the end will not stop the movement. If the frame does not flex, it would have to be so heavy you could not tow, or would break...
    BTW, my dad would never put the stabs down when camping by himself. If the camper moved when he did, he didn't notice, (unless supper fell off the table) but if somebody stepped in, he knew...

4. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Is the movement in your TT worse than your pup was ?