BAL tire leveler

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by paepae805, Jun 17, 2018.

1. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Yep. I too have the one with the off roady looking tires and it works just fine.

2. paepae805

paepae805 Member

Yes it will work just fine. I've camped on a concrete pad, grass, and gravel. No problems with the 15 inch tires on the ESP series.

3. Eric O.

Eric O. New Member

Hi! I'm curious how your 4Runner is towing your Rockwood. I have an '07 4Runner v6 and looking at that same PUP. Any special mods to your 4Runner (WD hitch? Transmission cooler? Sway bars?)? Thanks so much!

4. soft 17

soft 17 Active Member

No WDH. We installed a sway bar and Firestone airbags. I also replaced all 4 shocks with some Bilstien 5100's and factory springs. It tows fine but not the best in the hills. You have more HP than I do. On flat ground I still get 20MPG's too. We got some clamp on mirrors that were a necessity! No tranny cooler but the 4runners have one of the best automatic transmissions. I service my tranny often too. No sag, no sway. We will be purchasing a 2018 T4R in a year. We could use the extra 100hp boost! IMO the 4runner is the perfect rig! I have zero complaints and also think our camper is the perfect pop up for us. Would not trade it for a HW or any other. We have towed our rig about 4000 miles so far. We also use a P3 brake controller that I wired myself. Lucky you have a pigtail under the dash to hook up a brake controller.

5. Eric O.

Eric O. New Member

This really helps...I was about to trade in my baby for a truck. Didn't wanna part with my 4Runner! Thanks for all the info.

soft 17 likes this.
  6. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

4Runner isn't a bad tow rig, it's just slow compared to a full size truck.
    And there isn't any sag, it's just not sitting level in that picture.

Attached Files:

soft 17 and Rik Peery like this.
  7. Dread_Pirate_Bailey

Dread_Pirate_Bailey Member

I LOVE my BAL leveler. I have arthritis, and with the BAL, and have no problems leveling by myself. Buy a pizza delivery bag to hold the BAL in when not in use. I bought my bag off e-bay, and it keeps the grease off of stuff, and keeps the rachet with the leveler.

8. ben schmaus

ben schmaus New Member

I have a Jayco Jay Sport with 15" tires (i.e., the Baja edition) and don't have any issues getting the BAL leveler in place. Like others have mentioned, I sometimes have to put a single block under a tire to get the leveler in place but only on softer ground. It works great and saves a lot of time.

9. ben schmaus

ben schmaus New Member

I have a pizza bag as well (read about it on the forum here) and it works well for containing the dirt/grease from the leveler. I was using the box the leveler came in for awhile but it got soaked in the rain and became unusable. In contrast to a cardboard box, the pizza bag is quite durable.

10. aschumann

aschumann Get OUTSIDE!!

I have a BAL that i have used that is not needed anymore... wanting to sell for 40$, its posted in the classified thread as well. i can try to help with shipping, just want it to go to someone that will use it.

soft 17 likes this.