BAL -v- Lynx

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by dmaerz, May 14, 2009.

1. Full Circle

Full Circle Greely, Ontario, Canada

Just got notification that customs has released my BAL, its in Mississauga, a short hop (5 hrs or so) down the highway and it may make it to Ottawa tonight. Who cares you ask...I'm leaving tomorrow lunchtime for a camping trip. Never thought i had a chance to get it before this trip, now i'm hoping the mail will arrive before we leave.

2. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Hope all y'all get your levelers before the next trip!

3. bobhcs

bobhcs Colorado Springs

I think that you will really like your BAL leveler. I started out with the Lynx but never looked back after buying a BAL. For me it is so much easier. I like others still use my Lynx occasionally for leveling camping tables, under stabilizers on sloped sites, etc.

4. Full Circle

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! Wifes running to the post office to pick up our BAL...Have a great weekend everyone, we're out!
    Adam

5. Chewie48

Chewie48 New Member

We currently use the Lynx levelers (with very little troubles) but I've been tempted lately to pick up a BAL leveler.

I do like the edge the BAL leveler has with the precise leveling and more stability.

6. Full Circle

Hey all, had a great weekend, fantastic weather, great neighbours, and a lakefront site. I'll post a thread later on. Just wanted to give my review of the BAL. We got the notice of delivery about 30 minutes before we were pulling out so the wife hit the post office to grab it. Anyways, here are my thoughts. We'd been using wood to level the pup, never really took too long, but you do have to pick the site, back in, check level, drive a foot or so then back onto the wood. I guess i've been lucky as its never taken me more than one shot. With the BAL, like everyone else has mentioned, you back up, throw it under the wheel, and crank it up. You can def. get very precise leveling, although i've always been a close enough kind of guy. The one place that i noticed the biggest difference was the next morning, after the trailer had settled a bit. If you were really picky, you could shut down pull ahead and add more wood, but with the BAL, it was just a few more cranks, touch up the stabs, and she was level again.
    Hope the helps someone!
    Adam

7. gcarter95

gcarter95 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

You'll never want to go back. I love my BAL.

We were at Charleston lake this weekend, had a great time. Where did you go?

8. jwolfe01

jwolfe01 Honeoye, NY

Glad to hear you like your BAL leveler! They are sweet!

9. canonshooter

canonshooter New Member

I guess I'll be getting a BAL leveler now!

10. Full Circle

Mcreary's Beach, between Perth and Carleton Place on hwy 7

11. RODnSAL

RODnSAL New Member

Got my BAL last year after the pup was put up for the winter. Used it twice so far this year, and can''t imagine doing without it. I put down a 3/4 x12x24 inch board and back on to it, then use the BAL to level. I was concerned that the lifter would settle into the ground over a weekend and throw everything out of whack. So far so good. Had a bad experience last year withe the pup rooling off a stack of boards used for leveling, never again.

12. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

We're on our 2nd pop up and have had our BAL leveler since the first one. To each his own, but I just can't see how using blocks of wood or Lynx levelers is easier. I love this thing. lol

13. traindude

traindude ORYGUN

I use the lynx blocks.They are more versatile then the bal but there is alot of people out there who love the bal. I would say get a pack of the lynx they are only about 30 bucks at wally world.Try them out then upgrade to the bal and you would still have the lynx blocks for the stabilizers or what ever else you might need.

14. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Although LL may be used for other thing, I would disagree that they are "far superior to the BAL", and think if you were to try them, would agree, the BAL is the way to go.

15. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Ive never used the BAL, but Im a big fan of my LYNX's. They have chocks that are meant to lock in place, and apart from using them to just level the PUP i take some spairs and use them to raise my foot mat off the dirt... Like was said above, they work well for leveling a table, grille, or the awning

16. rideon

rideon Member

BAL is quicker and safer.

17. sirelfman

sirelfman 'Til the last marshmellow's gone.

I only learned about the BAL when I joined here just a few weeks ago, so I have never used it. I have a set of LL and find them very handy. I have seen several posts about taking several tries to get level with them. I had this problem the first time, but solved it for less than $5. I adhered a graduated bubble level to the front of the PopUp that shows how much out of level it is, then I just lay the correct number of LL under the low side and back up on them. Since I started using the graduated bubble level, I've never had to try it again.

All that being said, if I saw a BAL for a price I could afford, I would give it a try.

18. dmaerz

dmaerz New Member

You all sold me on the BAL! :) When it arrived, we were leaving on a trip and did not really need it at our site. But when we returned home, I could finally level the PUP on our drive way. [:D] Easy to use, great range, thanks for the advice. Now I need to find the post that showed how to build a storage place for it above my step!

Thanks everyone for putting your [2C] in on this!

19. Crazycoleman

Crazycoleman It is so much better when you wake up IN the pup!

I have read and heard lots on the BAL. I am very thrifty (ok, tightwad), and it seems expensive. My question is will they work with the little short fat tires? I definitely see their value not only for levelling, but also for wheel chocks. If it will work with my little tires, I might consider rat holing some money back for one.

ROb

20. Oski88

Oski88 New Member

If you find this please re-post the link. I would love to figure out a better solution for hauling it. Thanks!