Bar Harbor

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Lagman, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Lagman

Lagman Member

Just got back from Bar Harbor Campground in Mt Desert Island in Maine. It was really great! We planned to go after Labor Day but it didn’t work out.
    Didn’t have much going so spur of the moment we rolled out. Took 11 hours up Rt 95 from Philly area. Had to wait 6 hours to get a spot but it was pick anyone you want. We opted for the woods.
    Cell service was 2 bars and the WiFi was not close. We spent 3 days in Acadia. It’s a real treasure up there. Tool the bikes but not opportune. Week pass for Park was $30 so we grabbed it. It includes the bus all over the island.
    We drove and stopped often to check things out. It was great. Good rain one night little chilly so I was glad I brought the Big Buddy.
    Other than a great trip. The drive home at 11 hours was a bummer. $220 in fuel. $40 a day for site. God only knows what the ex pass bill will be. But definitely worth it.

jnc, Rik Peery and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Our favorite campground is Hadley Point, Our favorite food there lobster EVERY day.

pudge likes this.
  3. SongCamper

SongCamper Active Member

We loved Maine when we went last time but haven’t camped it yet. Thanks for reminding us of this destination!

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good time , and im about the same distance as you from jersey. Maybe next year!

SongCamper likes this.
  5. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I Highly recommend making this Trip. You will not be disappointed. We always enjoy wandering the coast of Maine it is Beautiful.

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The Maine coast is a must see ......... Pass on Booth Bay Harbor but must see Bar Harbor, Acadia,

SongCamper likes this.