batteries and power inverter installation

Discussion in 'Power - Site Power/Batteries/Generators/Solar' started by geogol, Oct 9, 2016.

1. geogol

geogol New Member

Want to install two or three deep cycle battaries connected in parallel and motomaster inverter 3000w into my Viking Epic. Location inside right on the right inside the box. Idea is to get toster and coffee running while parking without hydro. I want to charge the batteries on the driveway without taking them out on the driveway. It is a good idea and any scope of work, may be some advice who did it?

2. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

What you are doing isn't exactly clear to me but it appears that you intend to locate the batteries inside the trailer? If so, the batteries must be in a vented compartment and isolated from anything else inside the trailer. A battery gives off explosive and corrosive gasses.

The other option would be to use either AGM or gel batteries which should be vented but don't have to be.

Locate the inverter as close as possible to the batteries but not inside the battery compartment.

The inverter you are considering seems very expensive for a modified sine wave inverter. You should be able to get a pure sine wave inverter for $300 to $400.

3. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

I would recommend that you learn to brew coffee on a stove/campfire and either go without toast or get a stove top toaster rack. To spend $100's of dollars for that purpose is IMO ridiculous

4. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Don't hold back now, Speck [;)]

5. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Pure/true 3K sine wave for 3 to 400.00... gotta link to such a thing, thanks.

6. geogol

geogol New Member

thank u all for your response.. gases inside of trailer could be a problem. will put this project on hold